Electing to work Tuesday-Saturday

fty589

At my center we were asked to bid for either a Monday-Friday schedule or a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. This year they implemented these work schedules. Does anyone know how often these bids take place? Is it every year or was this a one time bid? I’m in the Atlantic Supplement and can’t find anywhere in the new contract where this topic is mentioned.

At my center we were asked to bid for either a Monday-Friday schedule or a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. This year they implemented these work schedules. Does anyone know how often these bids take place? Is it every year or was this a one time bid? I’m in the Atlantic Supplement and can’t find anywhere in the new contract where this topic is mentioned.
They had x amount of people that are slated to be Tuesday through Saturdays
They put a list of all the routes that are in including the ones that are cut on Monday

So if your Monday through Friday driver and you better route that is cut on Mondays you going to be assigned somewhere else

fty589

They had x amount of people that are slated to be Tuesday through Saturdays
They put a list of all the routes that are in including the ones that are cut on Monday

So if your Monday through Friday driver and you better route that is cut on Mondays you going to be assigned somewhere else
Thanks for replying but that’s not really my question. I mean they went by seniority order asking drivers if they’d rather work Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday. I don’t know if this is going to be a yearly bid.

Thanks for replying but that’s not really my question. I mean they went by seniority order asking drivers if they’d rather work Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday. I don’t know if this is going to be a yearly bid.
At least where I'm at they asked if anybody wanted to be a Tuesday through Saturday driver then they want from the bottom up, to make the bottom seniority drivers Tuesday through Saturday
Yes it's complete mess

10:30 resi

What exactly are you trying to to achieve? Are you currently m-friend and you want to switch to tues-sat? you have a bid route or are you a cover driver? Were you working in the RPCD classification before Aug 1 2019?

JustDeliverIt

We’ve never bid on work schedules before. This is the first time. I thought this was a national thing.

Here they designated routes and FT cover bids as Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat and then bid based on seniority. We do that every 2 years.

I’ve seen drivers here say they bid daily on routes, weekly or yearly. So the bidding process, from what I’ve read, varies by building.

fty589

What exactly are you trying to to achieve? Are you currently m-friend and you want to switch to tues-sat? you have a bid route or are you a cover driver? Were you working in the RPCD classification before Aug 1 2019?
No I wasn’t. I’m just asking if we get to choose our schedules every year.

10:30 resi

What I can tell you is that this Atlantic Area MOU makes it so that bidding on a route and bidding on a workweek schedule are two separate bids. So you could bid a m-friend route and a tues-sat schedule. Still doesn't clarify how often workweek schedules should be bid tho. Unless you are cover, in which case you should be selecting your workweek schedule each Thursday for the following week. Our local told me that they "don't recognize" this MOU and aren't going to do it this way. Your local is probably doing it the right way as opposed to whatever the hell we're doing here. If you ask your BA how often workweek schedules will be bid, I would be interested to hear what answer they gave you and what local you are in.

IMG-20240201-WA0000.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here they designated routes and FT cover bids as Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat and then bid based on seniority. We do that every 2 years.

I’ve seen drivers here say they bid daily on routes, weekly or yearly. So the bidding process, from what I’ve read, varies by building.
Those are cover drivers covering days off

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
They were just asking to be nice , unfortunately you don’t have enough seniority to work Mondays so you’ll be tues-sat for years
🧔‍♂️✊

Pee Bottle

In my local they let us bid schedules. I bid Tues-Sat and management was like no, so I went to the union and they made em let me bid to Tues-Sat lol.

542thruNthru

Here we don't rebid the work week schedule. You're T-S until a M-friend position opens up and you an be moved to a T-S schedule with 10 days notice if staffing is needed.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We bid routes every two years. Last year (an off-bid year) was the first time T-S was offered for bid. I think they did it again this year, so maybe it’s a yearly thing.