9.5 Not Good Enough!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm surprised that I've never heard hard figures re: how much our benefits pkg costs per hour. My wife's union gives their membership the exact numbers. Hers is over $20 an hour.

It should be pretty easy to break down, we get a monthly amount. I think it's around $1700 for healthcare per month, and whatever they pay into pension, which is around $9/hr I think. So it would work out to around 20/hr for straight time. It would definitely be cheaper for the first 4 years to hire more drivers than to work guys on OT. If everyone in the center was at top rate, it would be pretty close.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Finally someone that asks the tough questions.
doc-holliday.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Everyone always says this. It must be a east coast thing. Buying a big fancy truck and treating it like a Mercedes.
Not sure what’s worse , that , or guys who buy huge lifted trucks and drive them around by the beach…
…where it never snows

Must be a west coast thing!

STOP RIDING ATVS ON THE ROAD AND SMASH AND GRABS

Big truck = small pepe
😂

🧔‍♂️✊

542thruNthru

Not sure what’s worse , that , or guys who buy huge lifted trucks and drive them around by the beach…
…where it never snows

Must be a west coast thing!

STOP RIDING ATVS ON THE ROAD AND SMASH AND GRABS

Big truck = small pepe
😂

🧔‍♂️✊
Never heard of sand? Its a little tricky and easy to get stuck.

FromOffTheStreets

Not even including the cost of our benefit package but you also have to take into consideration if they may need more vehicles, people services vehicles and more people to load and unload those trucks.

That's also not counting all the dead time of morning meetings, paid breaks and driving back and forth to and from the route.
8 maxed out guys with 1 hour of OT = $480

1 guy in progression covering that = $200

So what Makes up the $280 per day difference ? Gas, new pkg cars, another preloader might cover $50-75 of it, in my opinion they don't want many of us making it to the pension.

pkgdriver

They may try to claim that it's cheaper to pay overtime & 9.5 grievances than to put out more routes but I have a hard time believing that.
I believe it's more about getting people to leave before they reach pension status so they don't have to pay a guy who's setting @ home.
I believe my pension will be paid by Central States not UPS. UPS pays into the fund when I work. So UPS not be paying me when Im sitting home watching Oprah. Maybe Im misinterpreting your post.