9.5 Not Good Enough!

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We should be working to live, not living to work.

40-hour work weeks please!

Who on earth wants to punch out at 8pm every night? It's gay.

8.5, NOT 9.5!

Who came up with 9.5 anyway? Seems like a union failure. Optional O.T. makes logical sense. We're not slaves! ..Unless we are!
How about penalty pay after 7pm? That will fix ridiculous start times and get everybody in at a decent time like management. I guarantee if it costs them money then suddenly sort would get done sooner.
Things would be better if the center manager had to stay until the last driver got in. No need for a 9.5 list then.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You should see some of the car pool cars that driver's by. Beat up Civics on their last leg. 4 driver's go in on it together.
The Joy of Southern California living
I go jump in my less than 2 year old 4x4 and head on home which takes me about 10 minutes. Can’t imagine waiting around for 3 other drivers to get in before I can go home

Dr.Brownz

The strangest thing I’ve noticed over the years, is the ones to complain about 9.5 or the hours they working in general The most end up going to feeders and wanting 12 hours every day🤷‍♂️.
Yeah because over 9.5 hours of package work is hard on your body....
Feeders for 12+ hours is nothing besides the mental stress.
Not hard to figure out

Thebrownblob

Yeah because over 9.5 hours of package work is hard on your body....
Feeders for 12+ hours is nothing besides the mental stress.
Not hard to figure
I think you’re missing the point I was making. I understand the work is easier I’ve been here a long time lol. Most of the complaints from drivers are not about the kind of work they’re doing, but this time it’s taking away from your family.

Most go to feeders and beg for 12 hours. Just state the truth package car is hard for most people. They still want the hours. Most don’t care about “work life balance” when they go to feeders. They want the big paycheck.
I think that’s perfectly fine. I’m just pointing it out. Never had a problem with guys who want the hours, or don’t want the hours everyone’s different.

DSM515

Just start me at 8am like we used to and I’ll work 5 9.5s. It’s not 9.5 that bothers me it’s getting home at 7 pm and eating dinner at 730/8pm. I bet Carol doesn’t eat at 8 pm unless it’s her choice too.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Just start me at 8am like we used to and I’ll work 5 9.5s. It’s not 9.5 that bothers me it’s getting home at 7 pm and eating dinner at 730/8pm. I bet Carol doesn’t eat at 8 pm unless it’s her choice too.
EXACTLY!!!! Get me the :censored2: out the bldg early! I didn’t mind working hard, I was well used to it, it was the ridiculous time it took to get on the road!

Thebrownblob

Well said, this would solve most of the problems but they just won’t do it.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You have it figured out. I wouldnt mind working more hours if we started at a decent time. Idiots in corporate can't figure that out. They are home by 4pm.

ThePackageDeli

You have it figured out. I wouldnt mind working more hours if we started at a decent time. Idiots in corporate can't figure that out. They are home by 4pm.
I'm not attacking you personally on this, but addressing everyone who thinks this way. I think it's naive to actually believe that incompetence is the reason for any decision made at the corporate level of a fortune 500 company. You don't get to a position of decision making by being incompetent or by being an idiot. The hierarchy is overwhelming based on competence. The real issue is simply that you and me don't have the same goals that corporate has. And why would we? We wouldn't. So then it comes down to a battle of wills between corporate and the working folks. It's not an issue of competence in my view.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm not attacking you personally on this, but addressing everyone who thinks this way. I think it's naive to actually believe that incompetence is the reason for any decision made at the corporate level of a fortune 500 company. You don't get to a position of decision making by being incompetent or by being an idiot. The hierarchy is overwhelming based on competence. The real issue is simply that you and me don't have the same goals that corporate has. And why would we? We wouldn't. So then it comes down to a battle of wills between corporate and the working folks. It's not an issue of competence in my view.

You want to try and explain Orion?
I rest my case

Thebrownblob

Interesting, timely Deliveries, happy customers, software, and equipment that works at making jobs more efficient, dispatching that reduces miles, as well as Lowering the paid day of the employees. Just name a few would not Count as competent? Because we really don’t have any of those by these decisionmakers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
A lot of cyclically invested wealth disappears if you were to actually fix a problem and leave. The most popular and well-researched academic example of this is the always-failing mcdonald's ice cream machine.

My belief in UBI being successful works on the assumption that income generated from a neutral position is better than income generated in a position that also actively destroys productivity.

Last edited: