Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Union doesn't recognize dispatch and the company changes the numbers on a whim so what's it matter?

You want the penalty pay to less than it currently is? Or are you saying automatic double time over 9.5 and triple time over 11?

NXA

Union doesn't recognize dispatch and the company changes the numbers on a whim so what's it matter?

You want the penalty pay to less than it currently is? Or are you saying automatic double time over 9.5 and triple time over 11?
Opt-out, not opt-in.
Pay is structured as suggested automatically (it's not a new grievance)

Or what if we got a second meal break at the tenth hour? That would change their numbers enough perhaps?

NXA

I should reword that. It would cause missed. But it would not affect overallowed.
Nobody here cares about overallowed. Well, maybe a couple people. The backend spreadsheets have to be motivated to cut excess overtime. Current contract language and procedure for attacking the cost center is not working, so it needs to be more systematic. I don't need the extra money; I need to be involved in the lives of my family and community.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nobody here cares about overallowed. Well, maybe a couple people. The backend spreadsheets have to be motivated to cut excess overtime. Current contract language and procedure for attacking the cost center is not working, so it needs to be more systematic. I don't need the extra money; I need to be involved in the lives of my family and community.
Problem is the company isn't anti OT unless you're a PTer (hilarious). Overallowed should be the bigger concern expressed by management because that is the easiest area to save money. 9.5s should be a rare tool used by drivers, but IE, seems to find a cost benefit by paying out the 9.5s instead of putting another driver on road.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It would sure as hell affect the feeder pulls.
Always amazes me on this site how that works. And I'm sure I will get a taste of it in the new center.

In my previous building, if you were in town, and you were going to be out past feeder pull, you came in and dumped.

NXA

Problem is the company isn't anti OT unless you're a PTer (hilarious). Overallowed should be the bigger concern expressed by management because that is the easiest area to save money. 9.5s should be a rare tool used by drivers, but IE, seems to find a cost benefit by paying out the 9.5s instead of putting another driver on road.
You would get pressure to trim overflowed if time after 9.5 cost an extra $, and after 11 even more, and it was built into the pay schedule for every driver. Then you could do some VODS.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You would get pressure to trim overflowed if time after 9.5 cost an extra $, and after 11 even more, and it was built into the pay schedule for every driver. Then you could do some VODS.
It already costs more if guys are filing 9.5s. They want to avoid them as much as possible, but in a lot of places they just pay them out like it's the cost of business.

The issue is IE runs the company. And the division managers are more afraid of coming under planned dispatch than they are paying 9.5s.

NXA

It already costs more if guys are filing 9.5s. They want to avoid them as much as possible, but in a lot of places they just pay them out like it's the cost of business.

The issue is IE runs the company. And the division managers are more afraid of coming under planned dispatch than they are paying 9.5s.
I figured as much. How would you suggest, then, in a center like you describe, folks act to get their work life under control? What can we do?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I figured as much. How would you suggest, then, in a center like you describe, folks act to get their work life under control? What can we do?
You're not going to like my answer unfortunately. But in the mean time you can do this.

Keep filing 9.5s and hope the company starts listening to it. Eventually the cost is too much to ignore.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Always amazes me on this site how that works. And I'm sure I will get a taste of it in the new center.

In my previous building, if you were in town, and you were going to be out past feeder pull, you came in and dumped.

If you are in town. We had one guy driving 15 miles a night to unload and then go back out. It was the only way to get management's attention to fix his route.

Hell, I had a route that started and ended 100 miles from the center.

Faceplanted

In my hub we had 9.5 greviences from over 1 years ago still not heard.

Labor is not working with the union

The big shot manager refuses to hear any money greviences, only disciplin.

There is another hub in the supplement that is over 2 years behind. This is absolute bs.

Many drivers are owed thousands upon thousands on 9.5, instead management fires these drivers for a bogus reason, and at the local labor meeting will let them come back with time served immediately if they throw out all the greviences. This system is an absolute joke.

Something needs to be done.

There is another hub in the supplement that is over 2 years behind. This is absolute bs.

Many drivers are owed thousands upon thousands on 9.5, instead management fires these drivers for a bogus reason, and at the local labor meeting will let them come back with time served immediately if they throw out all the greviences. This system is an absolute joke.

9 5 language needs to be addressed during the next contract. Too vague now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

There is another hub in the supplement that is over 2 years behind.

Is this fact... or fiction ?

What Local ?

Many drivers are owed thousands upon thousands on 9.5, instead management fires these drivers for a bogus reason, and at the local labor meeting will let them come back with time served immediately if they throw out all the greviences.

That sounds hard to believe.

I'll bet.... there is more to the story.

What are you waiting for ?

I can walk you through it.... if that's what you want.

No guts, no glory.

-Bug-