A grain of salt...?

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by bubsdad, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

Just wondering, when someone posts a thread and asks for advice and you give advice but it is not acknowledged, should you just "take it with a grain of salt" or consider it a personal conflict? What if you get positive feedback from other posters on the same thread, but the OP doesn't even give you a "hey" for taking the time to at least give your opinion? Does that mean your advice is good but the OP just doesn't value your opinion? Just wondering what the proper etiquette is.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If it is Hoax...filter through the sarcasm to look for the message being conveyed.

4. Monkey Butt

Thanks for the compliment!

Cynicism would have been even better though ... but I'm grateful.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

If it is Over9five, you may stop reading, because you have just gotten the BEST advice! Might as well close the thread.

6. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

Cool. Thanks for the help.

7. over9five

I was kidding about closing the thread!!!!!

8. rod

rod retired and happy

If you are talking about Rods advise just ignore it. I'm used to being ignored. Everyone from my old bosses down to my wife and kids have ignored me all my life. :wink2:

9. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

Would your last name happen to be Dangerfield?

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Ahhhhhhh, good ol Rodney.

Now that was funny.

11. over9five

"Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity"

Rodney in Caddyshack

12. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

Most times the only reason I log on is to read Hoax's posts. You can at least count on Hoax to reply and usually you learn something from it.

13. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

Don't give Hoax that much credit.He's here to entertain as well..So his answers lean toward funny!...Not always sound advice..

14. Monkey Butt

To entertain --- definitely myself and hopefully you. Although some people don't realize I'm "funning" and get all huffy. I find that funny too. :wink2:

Advise ... maybe. I try to give a perspective more than advise ... up to you to take it in as input and formulate your own concepts. I don't like giving advise that much. I like to talk about it, relate my experiences and let the other person use their judgment.

I tend to get serious or confrontational only when I see someone who is telling us it is raining while they're just pissing in our ear.

And by the way BG, you stink!

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  15. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

LOL. Exactly what I meant.

Lasted edited by : May 5, 2009
  16. over9five

Oh my, where's my tall rubber boots?

LOL!!!!!!

17. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

What gives with the personal attacks against you recently, Hoax?

They are amusing, however.

Lasted edited by : May 5, 2009
  18. Monkey Butt

Don't know but I pretty much find them amusing as well.

I know braveheart got his panties all in a wad about me but I was laughing the whole time. (see Lenexa Feeder Manager Rollaway thread)

19. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

OK, I just had an epiphany. The guy I was talking about realizes that I am just a HOSS and any good package car driver doesn't consider us their equals, (no offense meant to those of you that actually have a level head). So our opinion is invalid and not worthy of a response. He would be the same type that wouldn't acknowledge a "Good morning" greeting when he is walking in and I am walking out. I don't know how many package drivers we have, maybe 200, but about 3 of them will talk to feeder drivers they don't know. Sorry it took me so long to figure this one out.