a great Friday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Koogle1988, May 6, 2016.

1. Koogle1988

Koogle1988 New Member

This Friday we had a driver retire. After 30 years safe driving and being In the circle of honor with working diligently with no injuries that's a good career. But to no avail our rotten night supervisor wished death on him on his retirement day. One person over heard this, told our union Stewart but to no avail no actions have been taken. I just can't believe a supervisor can get away with treating a guy that been working for the company 30 years safely and honest. It just makes me think at 11 years do I really wanna work for these people end of rant

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Couldn't think of anything worse to wish upon the driver at the time.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Who caes what he says. The guy is walking out healthy to a nice pension/retirement. The jokes on the sup.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

It's Steward not Stewart
    Just so ya know

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Some people are just miserable and won't be happy unless others are as well.

Hope the guy has a great retirement and lives a long and happy life.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Koogle1988

Koogle1988 New Member

That was so wrong of her to say. If any upsers was to use any kind of language or be disrespectful we would be reprimanded.

7. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

image.png

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Any beast that's been around for 30 years and on the way out isn't going to care. Let the supervisor wallow in her own butthurt over the (apparently miserable) path she's chosen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Good thing I've already stopped caring what sups think of me, not sure why this driver would.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I always love when people overhear things. Nobody can ever find the person who actually heard it. But somehow, things magically get said

11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Uh.... didn't he say that the person that overheard it went to the shop steward? So... I think the person that heard it has been found. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

it was completely made up, no supervisor lacks that much tact and class.

...hard to keep a straight face with the above...;D

13. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

mmhmm. I'm don't believe you.
    *If the PM Sup really did say this, now that the driver is officially retired, hopefully the two parties involved can work out their concerns off-site without law enforcement being involved.

14. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Was this something he muttered under his breath for only one person to overhear? Petty, sure, but there's a reason why Stewart took no action. Are you really going to consider a career change because some sup may utter a snide comment on the day you retire?

15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

If you believe in karma, stay away from that supervisor. What a putz!

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The guy retiring probably laughed at that sup as he strolled out the door for the last time. The problem will be with the ones still there working with that a-hole.

17. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

If I would have overheard it I would've just said "Well, we all can hope you die in a tragic car accident on your way home tonight".

18. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

They can say any damn thing they want to against me the day I retire. Who cares?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. I would have replied. Now I have more time to bang your wife. Have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

TTKU