A message from Thomas Paine

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you all see the CNN reporter lose her cool at one of the Tea Parties yesterday? She looked ridiculous !! :happy2:

Cochise

Banned
Did you all see the CNN reporter lose her cool at one of the Tea Parties yesterday? She looked ridiculous !! :happy2:
Do you mean the female reprter in Chicago? The one Fox news edited so as not to show the tea bagger with the Obamo=Hitler sign?

She wasn't the one who looked ridiculous.

UPSNewbie

Do you mean the female reprter in Chicago? The one Fox news edited so as not to show the tea bagger with the Obamo=Hitler sign?

She wasn't the one who looked ridiculous.

Especially when Mannity said "who cares what she has to say?!"

Real professional.

brett636

You gotta give props to David Schusters writers on this piece...:rofl:

I'm betting nearly three times as many people saw the video I posted when it originally aired than saw the little news bit you just posted. There is a reason Fox blows away everyone when it comes to ratings.

brett636

This is good stuff

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,589,000 viewers
CNN – 711,000 viewers
MSNBC –479,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,390,000 viewers
CNN—1,070,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,210,000 viewers

Viewership for specific shows:
FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,980,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,239,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY DAILY SHOW 1,777,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,499,000
COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
CNN KING 1,292,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
CNN COOPER 1,021,000

brett636

"Like omg. The liberal media is after us!" Does that not show they can't use the "Liberal media" line anymore?

Did you not watch how the rest of the media portrayed the tea parties? We need more channels like Fox news, but its just one channel. The rest either lean left or are obviously far left like MSNBC.

diesel96

Did you see the ratings for the news stations for 04-15-09.
FoxNews blew them all away.

I'm betting nearly three times as many people saw the video I posted when it originally aired than saw the little news bit you just posted. There is a reason Fox blows away everyone when it comes to ratings.

This is good stuff

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,589,000 viewers
CNN – 711,000 viewers
MSNBC –479,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 3,390,000 viewers
CNN—1,070,000 viewers
MSNBC –1,210,000 viewers

FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
CNN KING 1,292,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
CNN COOPER 1,021,000

We've been over this before.....Fox Noise does not have a stranglehold on the 25-to-54-year-olds, the favored advertiser target audience for news programming. ...Lets face it, it's Grandpa's :wheelchai favorite channel, cause their easier to con.....

And since when does a News Station become part of the news, and part of a misleading movement endorsing and encouraging demonstrations backed heavily by corperate lobbiest.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/10/fox-news-tea-party-video/

wkmac

FOXNEWS GRETA 2,947,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,740,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,401,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,185,000
COMEDY COLBERT 1,446,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,336,000
CNN KING 1,292,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,149,000
CNN COOPER 1,021,000

Before anyone crowns Fox News or any other network the "heart and soul" of America, you might wanna consider something. Just looking at the above numbers and quick math in my head, it totals out to just under 30 mil viewers. Now America has a population of over 300 mil so we're talking less than 10%. Also add in the fact that the viewers of one show may also be a viewer of another so as it relates to a total % of population watching these programs, this number will go down. I'd be willing to think the real number is closer to 5% if not potentially less.

As for MSNBC, our cable provider only provides MSNBC if you subscribe to their digital service so if this is a nationwide trend with a large cable provider, then the numbers may or may not be skewed based on total population who have access to such channels.

Personally, I wouldn't give you a cup of pi....let's just say yellow toilet water for the mainstreet media in this country.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The sorriest part of this spectacle is hearing/reading people get all excited because "their" biased news program is ahead of some other biased news program in the ratings, as if this is in any way a good thing.

brett636

The sorriest part of this spectacle is hearing/reading people get all excited because "their" biased news program is ahead of some other biased news program in the ratings, as if this is in any way a good thing.

I don't have the time to look it up, but a pew research poll found that Fox not only has more independents and democrats watching it versus republicans, but is more middle of the road than any other cable news outlet. Just because they are not far left like the Communist News Network doesn't automatically make them full on right wing.

brett636

We've been over this before.....Fox Noise does not have a stranglehold on the 25-to-54-year-olds, the favored advertiser target audience for news programming. ...Lets face it, it's Grandpa's :wheelchai favorite channel, cause their easier to con.....

And since when does a News Station become part of the news, and part of a misleading movement endorsing and encouraging demonstrations backed heavily by corperate lobbiest.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/04/10/fox-news-tea-party-video/

Ok, lets discuss this for a moment. I would like to see your source for this statistic. Considering a lot of what you post are half truths or all out lies I highly doubt your claim. Or maybe you got it from one of your left wing moon bat blogs like the huffington post or the daily Kos because I am sure they would show a fair news organization like fox in a glowing light. :rolleyes:

Lets give credit where credit is due. You want to give Fox full credit for promoting these tea parties, and I watched a lot of the coverage on these gatherings, and I must say there weren't very many grey hairs in the audience from what I saw. There were close to 20,000 at the Alamo alone and I bet you less than a third were over the age of 54. Keep telling yourself that the conservative movement is dead and so is fox's audience, you will be proven wrong sooner than you think.

Cochise

Banned
Lets give credit where credit is due. You want to give Fox full credit for promoting these tea parties, and I watched a lot of the coverage on these gatherings, and I must say there weren't very many grey hairs in the audience from what I saw. There were close to 20,000 at the Alamo alone and I bet you less than a third were over the age of 54. Keep telling yourself that the conservative movement is dead and so is fox's audience, you will be proven wrong sooner than you think.

San Antonio police estimated the crowd to be 4-5000. If this is the conservative movement, it's safe to say it is already dead.

Nationwide, it is estimated that about 280,000 people showed up at events. That is, generously, 1% of the poulation, or to put it in perspective, about 1/3 of the number of people that showed up to hear Obama speak in St. Louis.

I think it is also safe to say that the majority of the people who showed up at the tea bag parties were actually getting a tax cut, and will greatly benefit from increased social programs.

brett636

I think it is also safe to say that the majority of the people who showed up at the tea bag parties were actually getting a tax cut, and will greatly benefit from increased social programs.

Perhaps this will come as a shock to you but some of us don't want our money taken from us only to be given back as "social programs". Some of us would like to keep our money in the first place. Or as this government has been doing by borrowing against our children's future in order to give us more "social programs". You can keep the social programs, I want my liberty.

diesel96

Fox not only has more independents and democrats watching it versus republicans, but is more middle of the road than any other cable news outlet.

And you want to be taken serious with that comment...lol

Considering a lot of what you post are half truths or all out lies I highly doubt your claim.

Or maybe you got it from one of your left wing moon bat blogs like the huffington post

Just because you mentioned it...Here's Huff on your Gal Pal Greta defending MSNBC...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/26/greta-van-susteren-defend_n_161007.html

Lets give credit where credit is due. You want to give Fox full credit for promoting these tea parties,

And Gingrich and Army and Beck and Hannity and Cavuto and Gibson and Limbaugh and so on, and so on....There's nothing wrong about a Grassroot protest, but since when does a News Agency such as Fox encourage and endorse people to go out and demonstrate against our Gov't. Is that the job of a News Org ? To become the news or report the news.

There were close to 20,000 at the Alamo alone and I bet you less than a third were over the age of 54. Keep telling yourself that the conservative movement is dead and so is fox's audience, you will be proven wrong sooner than you think.

Fox will only show you positive clips and scenes from the various Teabagger's demos. You will not see hateful Obama/Democrat signage, nor scenes such as this:

There is no better proof (except for FoxNews involvement) that Tuesday's "Tea Bagging" had absolutely nothing to do with taxation than this video clip. A man in Florida has a bunch of Tea Baggers cheering until they realize he is not up there demonizing Obama and Democrats. They cheer when he tells them that Bush inherited a surplus, cheer when he tells them their taxes went up with the deficit under Bush, then the all cheer loudly when he asks them "how many of you make under $250K a year?"
Only then, after he tells them that the new Obama tax code cuts their taxes, does the crowd then realize they're just a bunch of cheer mongers, not listeners.

http://www.morninpaper.com/2009/04/...ea-baggers-waste-began-under-bush-gets-booed/

Instead of addressing the creative writing and content of the Shuster commentary, you chose to shift attention towards Fox Cable News Ratings which adds nothing to your argument or this thread. Then you go so far as to quote Neil Cavuto's exaggerated head count of 20,000 and present that as fact. Cochise was dead on to call you out on this misleading tidbit. And you call me the liar.....

Perhaps this will come as a shock to you but some of us don't want our money taken from us only to be given back as "social programs". Some of us would like to keep our money in the first place. Or as this government has been doing by borrowing against our children's future in order to give us more "social programs". You can keep the social programs, I want my liberty.

This may come to a shock to you, but you don't make over $250,000 at UPS and you will be getting a tax cut unbeknownst to 95% of the clueless tea-baggers. Now, why single out THIS Gov't only.. Gov'ts have been exploiting and borrowing against our childrens future for years, with Reagan, Bush I and Bush II by far the worst culprits of not re-investing in our country and childrens future, just the war machine, space fantasies, and corperations with their lobbiest friends. Now were at the mercy of the Corperations which are to big to let them fail. And you call that liberty ?

Last edited:

UPSNewbie

I think this was said in another thread, but the "liberal media" didn't portray the term "teabagging" against the rights-wingers. That has been slang MUCH longer than FNC's "teabagging."