Accident question

Onlyino

I agree with making deliveries with the TP is not the safest. Management knew what I was doing and I was told in the past to make a delivery with the TP as the delivery was on the way home.

I am considering contacting an attorney... still a little sore and I want to see what decision is made about me.

I was parked as far over the white line as possible, 4 ways on, mirror pulled in, e brake on... I don't think there is anything else I could have done.

If I didn't have the TP the drunk driver would have smashed the back if the package car... either way it is not a good situation to be in.

lateagain

I am not sure the goal for consulting a lawyer are, but I would not make any moves that could be interpreted by UPS as being aggressive towards them until a decision has been made and after you have qualified.

Re-Raise

No. You got hit by a drunk who was arrested at the scene, don't worry about it.

We had a Circle of Honor driver charged with an avoidable accident at our center when a drunk driver pulling a trailer with a lawn mower on it turned across his lane in front of him.

Our driver swerved as quickly as he could and hit the trailer instead of the vehicle. The drunk driver was arrested at the scene and UPS still charged our driver.

Expect the unexpected can literally cover every conceivable accident, including being hit while parked unfortunately.

We had a Circle of Honor driver charged with an avoidable accident at our center when a drunk driver pulling a trailer with a lawn mower on it turned across his lane in front of him.

Our driver swerved as quickly as he could and hit the trailer instead of the vehicle. The drunk driver was arrested at the scene and UPS still charged our driver.

Expect the unexpected can literally cover every conceivable accident, including being hit while parked unfortunately.
That's what is wrong with our company! No 50 shades of brown................only wrong or wrong!..........No matter what you do................I have a better chance of my wife telling me I AM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What kind of center has guys towing pups in their 30 days?
An unsafe one. I guarantee you if anyone mentions to their management team that they don't feel safe pulling a TP-60 while trying to do air, you'll be instructed to drop the trailer and come back, or someone else is going to run the air you can't do after the location drop of the trailer.

I don't think I can come up with a more avoidable safety issue than one that requires you not to deliver time commit packages while pulling an extra 12ft of vehicle through busy commercial streets or residential neighborhoods with children on every corner.

And yes, I pull one at least once a week.

Onlyino

Accident was deemed unavoidable, so that is the good news.

Bad news, I had a meeting with the center manager and made them aware I want to work, and was a little banged up from the accident and asked about seeing a Dr. as I have had some neck/back/minor headaches. I was advised that is not a good idea because then I would be considered injured.

All I want is to qualify already, I haven't worked since the accident and don't want to go to the ER because I don't want the accident or injury to jeopardize my opportunity w/UPS. I don't have insurance so I am stuck waiting to see when/if they are going to drive me.

UPS Preloader

Accident was deemed unavoidable, so that is the good news.

Bad news, I had a meeting with the center manager and made them aware I want to work, and was a little banged up from the accident and asked about seeing a Dr. as I have had some neck/back/minor headaches. I was advised that is not a good idea because then I would be considered injured.

All I want is to qualify already, I haven't worked since the accident and don't want to go to the ER because I don't want the accident or injury to jeopardize my opportunity w/UPS. I don't have insurance so I am stuck waiting to see when/if they are going to drive me.

The minute you mentioned your injury to your center manager you may have jeopardized your opportunity with UPS. I wouldn't be surprised if they let you go before you make your 30 days. You can risk it and hope for the best, but you may also want to consider reporting the injury and having a Workmans Comp. claim opened if it's not to late. (In my state, as of 2013 you only have 30 days to report the injury.)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your first concern should be your health. The treatment of any injuries incurred as a result of the accident would be covered by comp, which would be reimbursed by the drunk driver's auto insurance. As far as qualifying , I would think that, once you are medically cleared, that you would pick up where you left off. If the accident had been deemed avoidable you would be out of a job but since it was deemed unavoidable you should be OK. Good luck to you. Dave.

Onlyino

Thanks Dave. My wife is telling me the same thing.

It can be very tricky with neck/back/head injuries but I can't have a medical bill for thousands of dollars, but I know I need to get checked. The boss advised me not to be injured as it could jeopardize my job... wink, wink, nod, nod. So I don't want to put it on workman's comp unless I have no other choice, which I think I might not have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your boss does not want the injury as it will hurt his numbers. Go see a doctor today. Tell him/her to open it as a comp case. Your job will be waiting for you when you are medically cleared.

tejano408

Since The Other Driver Was Drunk It Should Fall As Unavoidable And You Shouldn't Get Charged With It While On Taw My Driver Wasn't Charged with A Hit And Run accident

jaker

trolling
Since The Other Driver Was Drunk It Should Fall As Unavoidable And You Shouldn't Get Charged With It While On Taw My Driver Wasn't Charged with A Hit And Run accident
Yeah you say so , I was charge with avoidable and the guy hit and run me

I was making a left turn the guy decided he wanted to make the same left turn from the other lane , hit me and took off

Onlyino

The reasons to deem an accident as avoidable or unavoidable can be questionable, I am fortunate that they found it unavoidable.

My issues now are, when/if they will give me the opportunity to work and qualify and how to handle a possible injury.

It is out of my hands as of the moment.

Last edited: