Ahmed, The Terrorist

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Paranoia is a poor choice of status.
Adjust for changing conditions.
Society is changing.
Unfortunately, as seen in our airports, we have to make responsible adjustments with those changes.
If your neighbor gets a new dog and it chases and bites your kids as they walk to school your responsibility is to confront the problem and make sure your children are protected.
Is that paranoia?
No. It's common sense.
There are 100,000 k-12 schools in this country, and you're really this concerned about 25 shootings a year?
Yes, that's paranoia.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I predict this kid is going to be the CEO of his own tech company some day. Sarah Palin's comments today were pretty illustrative of the way Righties feel about Muslims. She continues to demonstrate how unqualified she is for any office every time she opens her mouth.
She's not running for anything !!!!

10 point

There are 100,000 k-12 schools in this country, and you're really this concerned about 25 shootings a year?
Yes, that's paranoia.
49 shootings a year. I think you must have forgotten the stats already.

If it was your children shot I'm sure your perspective would change.

Shootings are on the rise.
That's what the stats show.

It's not worth my time responding to indifference.
Enjoy your weekend.

moreluck

golden ticket member
None.
And we didn't have metal detectors and searches. Gee how did I survive?
We had 'none' also. I never remember hearing anything about shootings in school.....except maybe down south involving racial issues.

It was a non-issue in my time and it's an issue today. I can't relate.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We had 'none' also. I never remember hearing anything about shootings in school.....except maybe down south involving racial issues.

It was a non-issue in my time and it's an issue today. I can't relate.
It doesn't have to be an issue, people make it one whether it needs to be or not.

oldngray

nowhere special
A kid took an old clock, used its parts in a briefcase made to resemble a bomb on purpose, and took it to school on the anniversary of 9/11. His father is an activist and it was a planned stunt.

With the increased security in schools these days his ethnicity wasn't the issue. It was the fake bomb he made. The same would have happened to anyone else. His arrest was just him being detained for a couple of hours. Not like he was abused or thrown into a jail cell.

trickpony1

Is everyone aware that our middle eastern friends are training their young children in jihad and suicide devices?

Maybe it's just coincidence but I'm not aware of any of the churches/religions in America having classes for young children training them for martyrdom and destruction.

These characteristics seem consistent with just a select group of people.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
A kid took an old clock, used its parts in a briefcase made to resemble a bomb on purpose, and took it to school on the anniversary of 9/11. His father is an activist and it was a planned stunt.

With the increased security in schools these days his ethnicity wasn't the issue. It was the fake bomb he made. The same would have happened to anyone else. His arrest was just him being detained for a couple of hours. Not like he was abused or thrown into a jail cell.
If they thought it was a bomb they would have 1. Evacuated the school and anything close to it. 2. They would have brought in the bomb squad. They did not.
They would not have put the bomb in a cruiser and transported it and the accused bomber down town.
This was nothing but a racist move brought on by 12 years of color coded terrorist alerts to keep everyone as scared as possible and keep them voting for the terrorists the republicans!

10 point

None.
And we didn't have metal detectors and searches, hell, we didn't even lock the doors. Gee how did I survive?
We didn't have them because we didn't need them.
Now, with multiple children shot in school massacres, domestic killings in courtrooms, police shot in government buildings, and federal buildings including recruiting offices attacked we have been forced to implement these changes.

Heck, even the rural schools I deliver to have security systems to screen visitors and keep the children separate from possible violence and abduction.

The world is changing and we are reacting to that change. Anyone who denies that is happening is purposely not paying attention.

We're not paranoid. We are on react mode for the sake of innocent people who can't protect themselves.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Please present evidence the Dad is an activist. If you can, and this was a planned stunt, then things are different. I suspect you have zero proof.

oldngray

nowhere special
If they thought it was a bomb they would have 1. Evacuated the school and anything close to it. 2. They would have brought in the bomb squad. They did not.
They would not have put the bomb in a cruiser and transported it and the accused bomber down town.
This was nothing but a racist move brought on by 12 years of color coded terrorist alerts to keep everyone as scared as possible and keep them voting for the terrorists the republicans!

“The officers pretty quickly determined that they weren’t investigating an explosive device,” Police Chief Larry Boyd told MSNBC. “What their investigation centered around is the law violation of bringing a device into a facility like that that is intended to create a level of alarm. In other words, a hoax bomb — something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid.”

Facing public outrage for possible discrimination, Boyd insists that that was not the case. When asked if the teen’s religion had anything to do with his arrest, he said their response “would have been the same” under any other circumstance. The police chief added, "We live in an age where you can’t take things like that to school. Of course we’ve seen across our country horrific things happen, so we have to err on the side of caution.”

http://news.yahoo.com/police-knew-ahmeds-clock-wasnt-055727088.html

oldngray

nowhere special
Please present evidence the Dad is an activist. If you can, and this was a planned stunt, then things are different. I suspect you have zero proof.

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-clock/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-clock/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

You might have something. If Ahmed was "planted" by his Dad, then they deserve what they got.

10 point

“The officers pretty quickly determined that they weren’t investigating an explosive device,” Police Chief Larry Boyd told MSNBC. “What their investigation centered around is the law violation of bringing a device into a facility like that that is intended to create a level of alarm. In other words, a hoax bomb — something that is not really a bomb, but is designed and presented in a way that it creates people to be afraid.”

Facing public outrage for possible discrimination, Boyd insists that that was not the case. When asked if the teen’s religion had anything to do with his arrest, he said their response “would have been the same” under any other circumstance. The police chief added, "We live in an age where you can’t take things like that to school. Of course we’ve seen across our country horrific things happen, so we have to err on the side of caution.”

http://news.yahoo.com/police-knew-ahmeds-clock-wasnt-055727088.html
This can't be true because it would fly in the face of DriveInDriveOut's overruling theory that the paranoid "right" are trumping up these issues and the Police Chief can't possibly know as much as DriveIn does.

Our BC wizard on social ethics is pretty quiet now.
Did he DriveOff?