Albany NY facility overloaded

P

pickup

It's just a traffic ticket to UPS IF they get caught. I think the offending driver gets 1 as well.

I would imagine if the on road sup hit and hurt/killed someone, that driving past 60 hours or 70 (if under the 70/8 rule) would be the basis for a big $$$$ lawsuit.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I would imagine if the on road sup hit and hurt/killed someone, that driving past 60 hours or 70 (if under the 70/8 rule) would be the basis for a big $$$$ lawsuit.

Nope.

Supervisors don't punch in.

If that happened, the sups hours worked for the week would "show" that he was not over 60 or 70.

His 14 hour days for the week would mysteriously change to 8 hour days.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The only time my hours are logged is when I run a route. And even then, I'm in 3 hours before start time and usually there for a while after I punch out.

P

pickup

Nope.

Supervisors don't punch in.

If that happened, the sups hours worked for the week would "show" that he was not over 60 or 70.

His 14 hour days for the week would mysteriously change to 8 hour days.

I hear what you're saying, but if the NTSB were sufficiently motivated, they could figure out exactly what you were up to and when . Paid work is time on duty. Changing records may be the standard modus operandi for UPS but just a few interviews with fellow employees could reveal a true picture of when the supervisor was working.

Returntosender

I hear what you're saying, but if the NTSB were sufficiently motivated, they could figure out exactly what you were up to and when . Paid work is time on duty. Changing records may be the standard modus operandi for UPS but just a few interviews with fellow employees could reveal a true picture of when the supervisor was working.
Tracy Morgan vs Walmart crash.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

True, but UPS would throw enough money to the defendant to satisfy the family and the NTSB if UPS knew that they put the sup on road in violation of the DOT HOS.

In the Walmart case, they blamed the driver. Walmart did not force him to violate. The driver did it on his own.

UPS would be forcing the sup to violate. They can cover it up with enough money.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Asked around this morning and no one could confirm this rumor.

Our center was 100% clean going in to today.

I'm not going to throw rumors on the internet.
2 sups I personally know were there Sunday to Tuesday to help out, one of them lives over 100 miles away from there.
Was just wondering if it was bad planning, bad staffing, or a building that couldn't handle the volume.
Found it strange that with perfect fall weather in Albany in December that they'd pull management from their respective peak buildings.
If they can pull management in December without affecting anything, then we know where the next UPS cuts are going to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not going to throw rumors on the internet.
2 sups I personally know were there Sunday to Tuesday to help out, one of them lives over 100 miles away from there.
Was just wondering if it was bad planning, bad staffing, or a building that couldn't handle the volume.
Found it strange that with perfect fall weather in Albany in December that they'd pull management from their respective peak buildings.
If they can pull management in December without affecting anything, then we know where the next UPS cuts are going to.

I have no idea and apologize if I offended you by calling it a rumor.

Our work comes from both Albany and Syracuse.

As I said, we are 100% clean; in fact, they advanced 4 trailers on Monday----I don't know if the loads came from Albany or Syracuse.

I do know that both are running Sunday sorts for the next 2 weeks.

mdnj88

After a complete disaster last week, our center is in terific shape. I punched out 5pm today! Didn't even use my helper

RolloTony Brown Town

The Albany building is like 30k behind, and I heard the same thing about a lot of local management being moved to Albany for peak. My manager was just talking about this the other day.

The Albany building is like 30k behind, and I heard the same thing about a lot of local management being moved to Albany for peak. My manager was just talking about this the other day.
Same thing as last year. They pulled a bunch of the Orion team in my area and sent them to Albany.

I punched at 5:50 today. 8 hrs.