amazon ups shipping

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by henglin, Jul 6, 2010.

1. henglin

henglin New Member

Hi!

So why does it only cost me 7 pounds to ship books weighing 3kg in total from england to Budapest, hungary....?

and on the ups site, a 2 lbs package from hungary to england would cost me 100+ pounds...

why? because i want to sell some stuff on ebay, but the postage fee is more than my net worth.

thanks in advance for your help
    take care,

2. jeffpatterson

jeffpatterson Member

If your buying from Amazon.com it could very well have to due with a Shipping Discount Amazon has. It may actually cost Amazon more to ship it than they are charging you.

3. klein

klein Für Meno :)

I don't think anyone on here is from Hungary, and can answer your question.
    But, you have other options, your post office, or get a quote here

4. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Amazon probably gets bulk shipping discounts. We have two Amazon warehouses in my area and they ship thousands of pieces with us a day. It costs UPS less per package to ship allowing them to give Amazon such a huge discount.

5. klein

klein Für Meno :)

If he buys from Amazon, and UPS is too expensive, then try buying it from Amazon.de (german amazon warehouse), they have a contract with DHL, could be cheaper, and also payable in Euros, not pounds (no exchange rate fee needed ).

6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

*sigh* why do I always find myself trying to explain the obvious to you? It isn't the amazon website that is too expensive, the OP wants to ship a package for the same price that Amazon pays to ship which would only be possible if they were shipping packages by the thousands like Amazon does.