Amazon

1989NW

I am curious. Are there any locations at all where Amazon delivers 100% of their own packages yet and UPS does not touch them? I live in a smaller city our center only has about 35 routes. I have never personally seen an Amazon delivery vehicle. But there is a new huge amazon fulfillment center that is almost finished being built about 50 miles from our UPS center and am just wondering how it will effect us.

Phenom5

We have Amazon warehouse literally less than 150 yards away from our center. They cant handle their own volume. We take all that excess volume. Long as they keep growing you wont need to worry about the volume disappearing.

oldngray

nowhere special
We have Amazon warehouse literally less than 150 yards away from our center. They cant handle their own volume. We take all that excess volume. Long as they keep growing you wont need to worry about the volume disappearing.
Amazon is building a ton of distribution centers. They only deliver a fraction of the volume themselves but saves them on shipping costs when they hand over to UPS/FedEx/USPS for the final leg of delivery.

Phenom5

Amazon is building a ton of distribution centers. They only deliver a fraction of the volume themselves but saves them on shipping costs when they hand over to UPS/FedEx/USPS for the final leg of delivery.
We have an Amazon fulfillment center and a distribution center beside us. Dont see a difference at all except busy days are normally even heavier.

CtrlAltDel

I work for USPS and I can tell you that when Amazon started delivering their packages in the city of Tucson Az, it cut the post office package volume by nearly a half. We still get the big boxes (dog food). Our Sunday deliveries use to get 14-16 routes and that has dropped to 6-8 routes. Our December volume was quite less in 2019 than in 2017/2018. Many of our routes are adjusted for those Amazon packages. Soon they will be cutting our routes. Amazon used us til they got their * together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Honestly don’t care about amazon. Had a conversation with a random customer yesterday (Friday) who despises their delivery service because none of them give a :censored2: and just drop :censored2: in the open even if inclement weather is possible that day.

Remember our way. Out of sight out of weather.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Honestly don’t care about amazon. Had a conversation with a random customer yesterday (Friday) who despises their delivery service because none of them give a :censored2: and just drop :censored2: in the open even if inclement weather is possible that day.

We got drivers that do that too. Pathetic runners

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They have 4 just in my city.

Bob11B

We have an Amazon facility 8 miles from my small center (3 miles from another center) and they actually build all the amazon and here too....volume went down initially and spiked again...like the others said, they can’t handle the volume. They have too many service failures and contractors get fired and spikes again....it won’t affect you much.

PT Car Washer

We have an Amazon facility 8 miles from my small center (3 miles from another center) and they actually build all the amazon and here too....volume went down initially and spiked again...like the others said, they can’t handle the volume. They have too many service failures and contractors get fired and spikes again....it won’t affect you much.
You have a center just 3 miles away? All of our Centers are 30 to 60 to 90 miles apart.

Bob11B

You have a center just 3 miles away? All of our Centers are 30 to 60 to 90 miles apart.
The other center is 10-12 miles from my center...one has 50 routes and the other 65 routes...than another one about 8 miles from my center (45 mins with morning traffic).
I know it seems nuts, couldn’t tell ya why. I’m sure it has something to do with all the traffic bc the whole state of Ohio thinks they need to move to the South and air used to always be late until they opened the third center.

ManInBrown

I work for USPS and I can tell you that when Amazon started delivering their packages in the city of Tucson Az, it cut the post office package volume by nearly a half. We still get the big boxes (dog food). Our Sunday deliveries use to get 14-16 routes and that has dropped to 6-8 routes. Our December volume was quite less in 2019 than in 2017/2018. Many of our routes are adjusted for those Amazon packages. Soon they will be cutting our routes. Amazon used us til they got their * together.
They used everybody. UPS could have put them out of business if they said 5,6,7 years ago, deliver all your own crap. But the powers to be at UPS are too stupid to do that. They only see today. They don’t look at the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They used everybody. UPS could have put them out of business if they said 5,6,7 years ago, deliver all your own crap. But the powers to be at UPS are too stupid to do that. They only see today. They don’t look at the future.

...and had they decided to build out in response to Amazon and their potential growth was not realized you would have bitched that the company spent money that they didn't need to...

UPSER1987

Oh, you mean just like a UPS driver. Had a package delivered Friday by UPS driver just thrown a the door. Didn’t he even try to hide, even though there are multiple spots to be out of sight/weather. Just lazy.