In the end, who wins??? And at what cost?

Non liberal

Most analysts say, if we do go on strike, we will probably lose about 30% of our volume which is about 4 million packages a day. Truly, that is concerning granted I don’t argue or dispute The fact that the company made billions of dollars during the pandemic and because of that, we should be able to get some of those profits as well, considering it was done on our backs, not to mention, we gave up a lot of time with our families, and, of course, put our own health at risk, but the problem is going to be, as we are, probably not gonna see those profits anywhere near that due to the fact those profits were all made off of the pandemic, and now that the volume has slowed all delivery companies are struggling, laying people off, and of course, searching for volume. I don’t know what the real answer is other than the fact that maybe they could give us a huge signing bonus with a reasonable cost of living adjustment but eventually we have to top off I mean think about it in five more years from now are we gonna be looking for 60 or $65 an hour we must be reasonable or in the end this company will end up like SEARS & ROBUCK of shipping one last nugget for thought if in the event, the Teamsters are able to successfully unionized Amazon, we will no longer be the big guy on the block and in five years from now will we be yellow freight? I don’t know about you, but I sure enjoy my benefits, I have and very good standard of living, and would hate to lose it all but your truly has to be a points where we top off for 36 years I’ve worked for this job, and every year I received a raise
Sorry, I know this is an old post. But now how do you feel hearing carol say she gave us an annual 3.3% raise, and “we’ll take that any, and every day of the week”? We got hosed! Doesn’t come anywhere near covering inflation. I got 3% raises 20 years ago. Ups will cut your job and fire you the first second they get! And will not hesitate. Time to treat your labor as a service and demand top dollar for it. Make the money while you can, because like I said, as soon as they can, your ass is gone!

Non liberal

Management didn't get a bonus. They got a small token of appreciation acknowledging the fact their pay during that time when calculated by hours worked, went way, way down.
For most, the bonus did not come close to putting them back to even compared to their normal hourly pay rate. You were paid for every hour your worked and 1.5 times for every hour worked over 40 in a week. Your hourly rate did not go way, way down like it did for management.

I do agree every person who came in and gave a fair days work during the pandemic *should* have gotten a bonus as a show of appreciation. However, as has been demonstrated in the past with shift and hiring bonuses during peak, had UPS done that, some locals would without doubt filed grievances and threaten law suits if UPS tried to do that as a one time thing and not made it a part of regular compensation. Zero doubt. The reality is the company must factor that expensive headache in when considering such gestures.
Bull:censored2:! First off they should do it everytime it happens, if it happens again. And second, quit and go hourly, that’ll make the company think more than anything

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Bull:censored2:! First off they should do it everytime it happens, if it happens again. And second, quit and go hourly, that’ll make the company think more than anything
You’re showing your “less than best” side on this subject.
We did not get a Bonus, regardless of what you think or have been misinformed about.
The word “should” is a laugh because you Should stop posting about this and I Should go buy a $1B winning Lotto ticket and sail off into the sunset.
Let it go dude.

Family

Sorry, I know this is an old post. But now how do you feel hearing carol say she gave us an annual 3.3% raise, and “we’ll take that any, and every day of the week”? We got hosed! Doesn’t come anywhere near covering inflation. I got 3% raises 20 years ago. Ups will cut your job and fire you the first second they get! And will not hesitate. Time to treat your labor as a service and demand top dollar for it. Make the money while you can, because like I said, as soon as they can, your ass is gone!
Compare what our compensation is with a small business owner. It is very similar without the headaches and responsibilities.
This career is all what you make of it. I choose to be happy.

Non liberal

You’re showing your “less than best” side on this subject.
We did not get a Bonus, regardless of what you think or have been misinformed about.
The word “should” is a laugh because you Should stop posting about this and I Should go buy a $1B winning Lotto ticket and sail off into the sunset.
Let it go dude.
I just don’t understand why anyone would be a supervisor with this company? Unless you have bigger aspirations of climbing the ladder, in which case, what are you complaining about?

Ethanjon

While the concerns are legitimate, it is important to strike a balance between fair compensation and the sustainability of the company. The approach could include reasonable sign-on bonuses, cost-of-living adjustments and open discussions to ensure a fair solution for employees and the company long-term stability

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
While the concerns are legitimate, it is important to strike a balance between fair compensation and the sustainability of the company. The approach could include reasonable sign-on bonuses, cost-of-living adjustments and open discussions to ensure a fair solution for employees and the company long-term stability
You're assuming a non-emotional, principle-based dialog which has never/will never exist.