An ugly prediction that you can hold me to...

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our center got 2 bikes last year, one was never used at all and the other was used for del to a small professional complex from a pod. No hills. I was told ideally, which also means not really, they were meant for high density areas with small pkgs, and no inclement weather or hills.
Similar concept to loading a parked pc at a mall, or the like and having a non driving driver deliver from its stationary position and a second driver moving it a time or two during the day to closer del spots. IE shows only 1 route with 1 driver and 1 helper and 2 pc's.
Now just duplicate the scenario with the bike. Even though it has many flaws and will likely not go well, we will be forced to once again "see what we can do with it" anyway.
I have been asked to drop my helper off and give him a HANDCART to deliver 5-10 stops with for the last two years. This always bombs as well. Always rains, snows or howls high wind and makes it impossible and we just go back to the the old "swamper" method of drive, stop, point, dr and repeat.

outamyway

Us laid off Air drivers used to joke about something this retarded back when we were using bulk trucks and taking out peoples route trucks to do EAM's.

This kind of **** is why this company probably won't be around for another 100 years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Every day someone shows up at our Customer Counter either looking for the HR Dept because they have an interview or are just looking for work. The helper list this year is going to be quite long.

Wasn't there a special bike program some years back that specially painted bikes were left around a city for people to use as public transportation ? I know Boston tried it, but it failed because every single bike was stolen.:happy-very:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I have been asked to drop my helper off and give him a HANDCART to deliver 5-10 stops with for the last two years.

That method is terrible.

I remember before I went full time I worked as a helper, before my car wash shift, for extra money. One driver left me with a mountain of packages and a handcart. I get a block down the road and wouldn't you know it, I get intense stomach pain. I HAVE to go. Welp, I am not too proud to ask, so ask I did, a customer, to use their bathroom.

The alternative would have been to make my browns...ahem, browner :sick:.

Needless to say, when I went driving I never left a helper with a cart.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Brownrodster has the best attitude !

I love seeing the chaos and mayhem. There is nothing more fun seeing a building go down in flames trying to pound out 260,000 packages in 6 hours, when the building can only max at 40k/hr. It is simply astounding how stupid this company can be, but you have to roll with the punches and at the end of the day remember taht we are getting paid decent money to fail and fail miserably!

Oh yeah - forgive me if anyone asked yet - can you pedal off and break trace to take your lunch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it, but how does this rig get to and from the area it will be utilized?

The bike and trailer are locked in the pod overnight. When the PC makes the drop in the morning he takes the bike and trailer out, loads the packages and, if the driver/cyclist is not there yet puts them back in the pod along with the DIAD.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
BTW,
Will the drivers have to wear those stupid looking helmets?

Someone else will say it if I don't so here goes:

They will pee in the pod.
If it has tires, they will be pee'd on.:sick:

Judging by that picture, UPS better pray it does not rain. Since many packages will not fit in a standard DR bag, they will be riding around in the rain with those oversize packages unprotected.
Now you've gone and done it, hg, here's what "IE" is doing now that you brought this up.

I can see it now:
The 10 mile per hour commentary.
The 8 keys to avoiding chain burn.
The five keys to avoiding spoke breakage.
LOL

wow ups figured out how to get the worker to pay for the fuel.
Nah, now lunch will be included in the biker's pay.

I can see it now....arriving at your first stop and ringing that pathetic bike bell to announce your arrival. Probably only the cat could hear that sound.
That and trying to get the customer to stop cracking up.

How about an IE or corporate person coming on here and explaining this insanity? Using bikes where it rains or snows the entire month of December. If this is true are you out of your freaking minds?
They're too busy laughing at this thread. This joke was secretly leaked to sober, so that he could post it here.:happy-very:

We used one of these last year they had a driver who had a DUI ride it.
Does he now have a BUI?

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it, but how does this rig get to and from the area it will be utilized?
It will be airlifted, thus negating any potential money saving involved.

Raw

Raw Member
Here`s my thoughts. If conditions are in " your opinion" not safe, by union contract you aren`t required to do it.
Say you don`t know how or am afraid to ride a bike.
Fall off the bike and be injured for the x-mas rush. :knockedout:
:whiteflag:

jalnar

And just think the world thinks "BROWN IS GREAT" only because of the drivers are the ones who put on the happy face after they get &&&&ed

If it has tires, they will be pee'd on.:sick:

Now you've gone and done it, hg, here's what "IE" is doing now that you brought this up.

LOL

Nah, now lunch will be included in the biker's pay.

That and trying to get the customer to stop cracking up.

They're too busy laughing at this thread. This joke was secretly leaked to sober, so that he could post it here.:happy-very:

Does he now have a BUI?

It will be airlifted, thus negating any potential money saving involved.[/quote]
LOL!!!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Would we be allowed to put a balloon or playing card between the spokes to make that cool bah-bah-bah-bah sound going down the road?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Would we be allowed to put a balloon or playing card between the spokes to make that cool bah-bah-bah-bah sound going down the road?
Will the bike have a sissy bar and a banana seat?

1848787745_a1d9e8d9c3.jpg

hdkappler

when i drove we couldn't drive over 60 hours a week.so if we delivered 14 hours only be a 4 day week.couldn't go over 12hours a day.