Another thumbs down for UPS

tieguy

Banned
Hey Tie,

Sorry to hijack the thread but what happened to yours about the new moderator? Did you delete it or?

Robert

if its gone it was moderated by real moderators. Tough fire breathing go to hell kiss my ass or I delete your membership card moderators. :2scared:

rumor has it they patrol these halls looking for BS to remove.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The help line is not a catch all. People think a phone call to the help line will somehow activate Zeus to come down with thunderbolts on whatever management person you dislike.

There are people that abuse the help line by calling too much.
there are people that give vague information and wish to hide anonymously. When they do so it limits ups ability to involve you and get you the answers you are looking for. Your example was a classic one. You could have put your name out there. your request for better heating was not one that was all that unusual. You could have made that phone call set up a meeting with the PE folks and gotten some good answers to report back here with.
by staying anonymous you limited ups's ability to provide you with full disclosure on this issue.

tieguy,

The Corporate Executives of UPS state that UPS Help Line is just another communication channel to assist UPS employees.

In the UPS Code of Business Conduct they state a UPS employee may use whatever method of communication with which the employee feels most comfortable. The Corporate Executives clearly feel that the method is not the important thing, but the important thing is to get needed guidance, report what is known, and to get questions answered.

The Corporate Executives of UPS stress how critical it is for UPS people to feel comfortable using any of the reporting options when communicating concerns.

Also, in the UPS Code of Business Conduct, it says that the choice to remain anonymous will be respected.

I have previously expressed my dissatifaction with the handling of my Building Heat Concern. I have great hope that I will have a better outcome with my upcoming concern to address package car cab safety.

Sincerely,
I

tieguy

Banned
The help line is not a catch all. People think a phone call to the help line will somehow activate Zeus to come down with thunderbolts on whatever management person you dislike.

There are people that abuse the help line by calling too much.
there are people that give vague information and wish to hide anonymously. When they do so it limits ups ability to involve you and get you the answers you are looking for. Your example was a classic one. You could have put your name out there. your request for better heating was not one that was all that unusual. You could have made that phone call set up a meeting with the PE folks and gotten some good answers to report back here with.
by staying anonymous you limited ups's ability to provide you with full disclosure on this issue.

tieguy,

The Corporate Executives of UPS state that UPS Help Line is just another communication channel to assist UPS employees.

In the UPS Code of Business Conduct they state a UPS employee may use whatever method of communication with which the employee feels most comfortable. The Corporate Executives clearly feel that the method is not the important thing, but the important thing is to get needed guidance, report what is known, and to get questions answered.

The Corporate Executives of UPS stress how critical it is for UPS people to feel comfortable using any of the reporting options when communicating concerns.

Also, in the UPS Code of Business Conduct, it says that the choice to remain anonymous will be respected.

I have previously expressed my dissatifaction with the handling of my Building Heat Concern. I have great hope that I will have a better outcome with my upcoming concern to address package car cab safety.

Sincerely,
I

you did use it. but you were not a whistle blower fearing revenge you had no reason to hide in fear.

you were addressing what is a fairly common question.

You would have gotten better answers if you had come out of the shadows to ask your question.

This was not an integrity issue but a look me in the eye and talk to me issue. you were afraid to do so. therefore you journey ended before it started.