Any Follow ups here on female package handlers?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
With all due respect to you the comment was about the movements of yoga be beneficial in a situation where rapid, repetitive movement, strength and endurance may be necessary. Have you ever done yoga?

I didn't know new people had posting restrictions. My apologies for not posting once time and leaving
as a women you will get a lot of hate from the big tough misogynist clowns that hang out here.

dudebro

I don't know how all the animosity got started, but back to the job - fill a couple of two litre bottles most of the way with water and freeze them. Bring them to work and drink from them all day (water melting is always cold). Reason for this is once everyone drinks from a water fountain, all the cold water in the coils is exhausted, and the water is warm.
That - and always lift with your legs and keep your back straight. Hopefully the yoga gave you a strong core for that. And you'll be fine.
I'm assuming you end up loading / unloading and not in the smalls sort, but even there it's a good idea.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
20160723_140136.jpg
I don't know how all the animosity got started, but back to the job - fill a couple of two litre bottles most of the way with water and freeze them. Bring them to work and drink from them all day (water melting is always cold). Reason for this is once everyone drinks from a water fountain, all the cold water in the coils is exhausted, and the water is warm.
That - and always lift with your legs and keep your back straight. Hopefully the yoga gave you a strong core for that. And you'll be fine.
I'm assuming you end up loading / unloading and not in the smalls sort, but even there it's a good idea.
Forget frozen water bottles....the ice melts slower than I drink. This was $5 in walmart and I've gotten 2 summers out of it so far.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman

Thanks so much! It's been pretty hot here lately and the tour only gave me a tiny taste of the heat. People were working dressed in tank tops and sweating ridiculously. Never would have thought to freeze the water

I'm trying to pull deep to get ready for this. Not over confident just working with everything i got.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! It's been pretty hot hear lately and the tour only gave me a tiny taste of the heat. People were working dressed in tank tops and sweating ridiculously. Never would have thought to freeze the water

I trying to pull deep to get ready for this. Not over confident just working with everything i got.
An extra shirt to change a break time would be a bonus. A little powder would also be helpful