Any Follow ups here on female package handlers?

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
Silly question, Does the power ever go out at the warehouses? It's storming like heck here now and we sometimes have a lot of power outrages when its storms or we get heavy winds down here.

oldngray

nowhere special
Silly question, Does the power ever go out at the warehouses? It's storming like heck here now and we sometimes have a lot of power outrages when its storms or we get heavy winds down here.

It does go out and there is enough emergency power for some lights but not enough to run the belts. They can try to do a little but mostly it is just marking time until the power comes back on.

If it is a long outage UPS can try to rent some generators but normally they wouldn't have any ready to go. Not worth it to have generators just sitting idle for the once in a decade you might need them.

Last edited:

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
It does go out and there is enough emergency power for some lights but not to run the belts. They can try to do a little but mostly it is just marking time until the power comes back on.

If it is a long outage UPS can try to rent some generators but normally they wouldn't have any ready to go. Not worth it to have generators just sitting idle for the once in a decade you might need them.

Thank you

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It does go out and there is enough emergency power for some lights but not enough to run the belts. They can try to do a little but mostly it is just marking time until the power comes back on.

When they do try so get some, the outage is over by the time setup is done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you live in the Northeast? Only reason I ask is that we had a line of severe storms pass through my area a few hours ago.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
water is a good idea but i would bring gatorade or something with sodium and potassium. banana , oranges, apples , are good. you'll sweat a lot and lose important minerals so they need to be replenished and water is great but won't do that.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
water is a good idea but i would bring gatorade or something with sodium and potassium. banana , oranges, apples , are good. you'll sweat a lot and lose important minerals so they need to be replenished and water is great but won't do that.
Is that what you did all those years you spent on the preload?