Any Follow ups here on female package handlers?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Don't you have a second job? I don't mind it on days I don't work my other job but they've kept me so late at ups, I was running late to my other job twice recently.

I did until my girlfriend moved in about five years ago. So we kind of share the bills.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You've been loading even longer than me. How many times have you been injured?

One time I broke my foot and was out for 8 weeks. I went up a ladder to break a jam on one of the belts and for some odd reason the ereg guy stuck one of them bars that you use to pull the cart around under the step. When i came down I step on it and rolled my foot. Ups of course tried to blame me for it and I said was I suppose to go down the steps front face or the proper way.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One time I broke my foot and was out for 8 weeks. I went up a ladder to break a jam on one of the belts and for some odd reason the ereg guy stuck one of them bars that you use to pull the cart around under the step. When i came down I step on it and rolled my foot. Ups of course tried to blame me for it and I said was I suppose to go down the steps front face or the proper way.
Well techinically they're right but comp is comp. I partially tore my Achilles tendon lifting a 90lb tire (the ones with the rim so it has that flat cardboard on both sides)...those suckers are slippery. And another time I wrenched my back pulling an irreg off the bulk belt because some newbie turned on the belt when I wasn't expecting it....I was out for a month on that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In our hub, the first week is very easy. Usually after 2 weeks people leave. Often it is the first day outside of training.

I can't count how many new hires came and went, the last couple stints I had on the midnight.

janedoe

I'm a female loader and don't worry! The guys aren't as creepy (easily ignorable) and the work isn't as hard as these guys are making it seem. You'll get the hang of it:)

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm a female loader and don't worry! The guys aren't as creepy (easily ignorable) and the work isn't as hard as these guys are making it seem. You'll get the hang of it:)

I like your attitude. The company is full of cry babies who for the most part bring it on themselves by trying to work at an unreasonable pace just because some sup is flexing his chest.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman

Thanks that's good to hear. If I didn't think I might have a shot at this I would have bailed after the tour.

Box Ox

the work isn't as hard as these guys are making it seem.

All depends on what route set you're assigned to at my center. Some are typically small box residential, while others are largely heavy, bulked out commercial. Big difference in how you get hit all morning. Maybe you lucked out in your assignment.

janedoe

All depends on what route set you're assigned to at my center. Some are typically small box residential, while others are largely heavy, bulked out commercial. Big difference in how you get hit all morning. Maybe you lucked out in your assignment.

I'm not the heaviest on my belt but definitely not the lightest. Two of my trucks have a lot of bulk but once you learn the route and the "tricks" of loading it's not as :censored2:ty.