Any Top Gear Fans? (On Topic)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I drive by a local shoe store on my way back to the building. Every Friday night the car guys gather to show off their rides. They back in to a space, lift up their hoods, pull out a lawn chair and sit there for the next 2-3 hours.

The ironic part is that there are few if any actual spectators. It is the same people parking in the same spots sitting in the same chairs looking at the same cars week after week after week.
If that is what they enjoy, why mock them? They aren't harming you in any way. They aren't forcing you to join them.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I hadn't heard that. That would be a kick in the pants.

BTW, why do you have to call me an idiot? I'm just having a little fun with you "car guys" who are by far the most boring group of people I have ever met. Who the hell wants to sit in a parking lot or grassy field on a hot weekend either walking around looking at other cars or sitting there while complete strangers look at yours.
Uhhh, because it's fun. I like riding to cruise-ins all the time. You can stand around and talk about mechanical and custom body modifications. You can find guys who know how to reflash a PCM with their own program. You can find some great painters and look at beautifully polished works of art. Share riding stories and restoration adventures. Talk about cool new cars or bikes you've gotten the chance to drive. Christ, I could go on.

Future

Victory Ride
If that is what they enjoy, why mock them? They aren't harming you in any way. They aren't forcing you to join them.
To me it is amazing...that people have the "know how" how to take a piece of rust ..laying it in a field or worse....and turn it into a piece of art....the time ...the intelligence etc to complete such a project is amazing.

oldngray

nowhere special
To me it is amazing...that people have the "know how" how to take a piece of rust ..laying it in a field or worse....and turn it into a piece of art....the time ...the intelligence etc to complete such a project is amazing.

I can't stand most of those restoration shows where they supposedly do a complete frame off restoration in a week or two.

Future

Victory Ride
I can't stand most of those restoration shows where they supposedly do a complete frame off restoration in a week or two.
Some have a massive crew....each designed for just specific jobs on the project to be done....so I could see it happening in a short time

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I just don't get the fascination of driving my fancy car..." (upstate)

This from a guy who MUST HAVE his Altima every 3 years........why not just a Honda Civic or a Ford Focus....both will get you to work.

Future

Victory Ride
Upstates idea of fun is to sit at a computer and belittle anyone who says they enjoy something. Upstate- tell us what you do for fun other than go to movies by yourself.
Is what it is ..brother ....he wants to portray himself that way ....let it be written ...let it be done

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
From what I could find, the overnight ratings show it continues its slide towards oblivion.
At least I have all seasons from 10-23 to watch.
Noticed on youtube, BBC now has "never seen before footage" that is being released.
"Clarkson abusing/assaulting production staff-Scenes 1-20"

MC0493

Big top gear fan. Only watched an episode or 2 of the new one so far. Waiting for the new show with Clarkson, Hammond and May.

On the other subject, i'm also a big car guy, go to cruise ins, shows and so on. Honestly i've met a ton of awesome people. Anymore its more about hanging out with friends than it is with the car.