Any Union Members who can help me?

Enjoi0523

Is there someone from the union who is willing to help me decide what to do if I explain my situation? I'm new to the union but am having am issue with one of my belt supervisors and am not sure what to do. It's a long story, so if you are willing to take a phone call it would make explaining the situation a lot easier.

T

Turdferguson

Is there someone from the union who is willing to help me decide what to do if I explain my situation? I'm new to the union but am having am issue with one of my belt supervisors and am not sure what to do. It's a long story, so if you are willing to take a phone call it would make explaining the situation a lot easier.

Just lay it out there. We are here to help

Enjoi0523

Lol, so I have two belt supervisors at my facility. One of them is cool and the other is very nasty to me. I load three trucks and average about 850-950/day for packages. When I first started I used to only average 1-2 misloads a week. A few weeks later it jumped to 6-8 because an RDR that was a daily delivery on one of my trucks jumped from about 30/day to over 95/day and they would all come at once in the middle of the day. During that time I was rushing around trying to get everything (I'm at the very beginning of the belt) I would accidentally put packages on the wrong trucks (not the RDRs obviously). The Preload supervisor finally pulled the stop from my truck after two weeks and put it on a bulk stop truck and my misloads went back down to 1-2/week again.

Since peak has started, I've been moved down to the end of the belt still loading three trucks. At the end of the belt we have two rollers with fruit stands the have 16-18 trucks total each day and our seasonal hires are loading them. However, they are not splitting the belt (they only grab one package then walk away rather than sending stuff down their rollers) so I'm having to stop and do it which is causes me to miss a few packages throughout the day. I also have a seasonal in the three trucks ahead of me on the belt who consistently misses his stuff and stands in his truck all day so I have to send his stuff up the belt all day as well as load my three trucks plus split for two rollers.

Today I missed three small packages because I was sending a bunch of missed packages up the belt and my belt supervisor yelled "are you :censored2:ing high?! What kind of drugs are you on Mr. Xxxxxxx?!" She then threw my packages at me and yelled "catch your :censored2:!"

She is constantly yelling at me for any little thing but turns a blind eye for everyone else. Last week she treated me with my job because of a misload. What do I do?

What this Sup is doing is completely unacceptable. You need to get either a Union Steward or a Business Agent in on this. This type of behavior would get an hourly fired in a minute and it would stick. Keep your cool and do the best you job you can. You come to work to work and not be harassed. UPS wonders why they can't keep good help.

How do I file? I just joined the union last month and don't really know the rules, etc. I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail either.
Talk to either your sort Union Steward or a driver Steward. A lot of times you don't need to file. Your Steward can have a talk with either the FT sup or the Manager and this stuff will stop.