Anybody else see these cell phones for the express side

Southeast Hoss

Paper map is just as effective
Our DM mentioned this at a meeting a couple of months ago. She said it's supposed to have turn by turn directions. I didn't think of it then, but wouldn't using one while working go against company policy against using electronic devices while driving?

!Retired!

Paper map is just as effective
I agree, sometimes quicker than an electronic map.
Except for new subdivisions that are on electronic maps but not on paper maps.
Even that's not always true. I have a subdivision that doesn't show on mapping programs either. Thankfully, it's my route and I learned them as they went up. When I'm out and a swing covers my area, I get a trace the next day with directions.

Star B

White Lightening
I'd rather carry a phone-sized/shaped powerpad than our current brick.
I disagree. I'd rather have the current brick or something like it. Feels nice and sturdy in the hand, plus the physical keys make it easy to quickly enter information.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I disagree. I'd rather have the current brick or something like it. Feels nice and sturdy in the hand, plus the physical keys make it easy to quickly enter information.
Ask a chiropractor how carrying a Powerpad shifts your center of balance, and the long term effects on your spine. I was asked, after X-rays, if I had ever been diagnosed with scoliosis. Took 6 months of adjustments and physical therapy to alleviate the damage.

Oldfart

Ask a chiropractor how carrying a Powerpad shifts your center of balance, and the long term effects on your spine. I was asked, after X-rays, if I had ever been diagnosed with scoliosis. Took 6 months of adjustments and physical therapy to alleviate the damage.
I tried using one of the extended life powerpad batteries last week. It can't be more than 20% or so thicker. I didn't figure there was any way such a small difference would matter with comfort. Man was I wrong. I didn't like using it at all. It made the pad feel twice as heavy and affected the balance when using it.

I say we go back to sheeting up the stops and POD'ing the airbill. Never had battery issues and only had to worry about the delivery record getting wet in the rain.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

We got a job aid for the new MPads, but haven't actually seen one...
they'll break just like the ppads do, except now we have glass screens to deal with..