Anyone delivered out of one of these yet?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by COSMOS, Apr 25, 2009.

COSMOS Member

Some interesting photos...
  2. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I can't imagine a practical delivery situation for those things except maybe for a letter only air route. The fourth picture is a bit scary, looks to me that someone wasn't thinking.
  3. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Got any additional info. on photo # 4 ?

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Hard to believe there is any practical use for anything with that zap car except for small and smaller paks. That fourth picture I cannot believe he did not see that coming, the road looks like he could've slowed to a stop well before encountering that flood.

Also, was there really a need for two people to deliver? Secondly note right side driver, for you guys outside the USA, the only vehicles with right side steering are postal workers and some garbage collections trucks.
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

"10:25. Only one more next day to get off. It doesn't look deep...."
  6. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I don't know why there are 2 delivery people? JMO. Maybe UPS will look into delivering mail? I don't see any other reason for UPS to spend money on a car,probably electric and made for someone that fits in it.:happy2:
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would think that one of the few uses for a vehicle such as this would be if they dropped a TP-60 in a central location and then the driver would work out of the trailer all day, ideally delivering to apt complexes.
  8. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I'm guessing there's two people because one has to guard the packages in the open vehicle while the other delivers....
  9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My guess is that one is a supervisor and the other is a helper and there was someone else driving another car taking the pictures.
    The supervisor was driving and probably getting use to the vehicle so he could train others on how to drive this vehicle ( no sharp turns? ).
  10. COSMOS

COSMOS Member

The first 3 pictures were from somewhere in CA. The last one I don't know but its possible the water had risen since the truck was left there...
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Delivering out of the back of an open truck. Ever hear of rain or snow?
  12. City Driver

City Driver New Member

id love to see the ups freight version of these :)
  13. sano

sano New Member

Here you go:
  14. City Driver

City Driver New Member

in an effort to save money, ups freight announced the new zapcar tractors will not be equipped with air brakes
  15. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

An "A" for effort.
  16. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

I give it a C+ at the most!:happy-very:
  17. sano

sano New Member

City Driver, make sure you pre-trip that thing. It looks a little rough around the edges.:happy-very:
  18. City Driver

City Driver New Member

lol yea im pretty bad with the photo editing

there appears to be no 5th wheel ;)
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

5th wheel? We don't need no stinkin 5th wheel
  20. sano

sano New Member

personally, I am more concerned about the other wheels half missing.:happy-very:
    (no better at photoshop myself)