Accident between two package cars

Michael Scott

Anyone ever hear of this happening? Not at the center/hub, but somewhere on a road when both drivers are out delivering. Just curious how the company would handle it as far as saying it was “avoidable” for both drivers or something stupid.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
This did happen in our district last spring. It was leaving the building, some really dumb story like Driver A dropped something and went to retrieve it and rear ended driver B.
Not really "on route" but it was off property.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Anyone ever hear of this happening? Not at the center/hub, but somewhere on a road when both drivers are out delivering. Just curious how the company would handle it as far as saying it was “avoidable” for both drivers or something stupid.
1710462478566.gif

542thruNthru

We had two drivers that thought it would be a good idea to play bumper tag on the way into the building. One hit the other a little to hard and some how got the front pumper caught on the back bumper and mess the front bumper up pretty good.

Luckily the center already had a bunch of accidents so the center manager didn't report them but still wrote them both up for unprofessionalism I believe.

Brownwind

We used to slam into the rookies (and anyone else in front of you) with the old bubble noses. You could bounce off those old spring rear bumpers without damaging them. I learned that when I didn’t lift off the clutch quick enough.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I bumped an older driver in front of me when I was a kid starting out , he got out of that brownie pretty quick and reemed me a new butt hole , told me to grow up and be a professional!!
He was absolutely right !

Brownwind

I bumped an older driver in front of me when I was a kid starting out , he got out of that brownie pretty quick and reemed me a new butt hole , told me to grow up and be a professional!!
He was absolutely right !
I bet you felt good letting that cotton head know you arrived.

WorknLateHuh

10 years ago in my center 2 UPS drivers on a main road headed out to their routes 1 in front of the other. The driver in front had to stop suddenly, and the driver following, rear ended the other driver totaling 1 of them (it might have been both). It was a serious crash, no one hurt.

The next day, i've never seen a pcm/morning routine so tense with people yelling and everyone completely on edge. It's also the first and last time iv ever seen a regional manager yell at our center mngr and on-road in front of everyone at a pcm. To make matters worse, it was our shop steward that rear-ended the other driver. No one got suspended/terminated but it was a huge mess. I don't remember the details surrounding it.

K20A

10 years ago in my center 2 UPS drivers on a main road headed out to their routes 1 in front of the other. The driver in front had to stop suddenly, and the driver following, rear ended the other driver totaling 1 of them (it might have been both). It was a serious crash, no one hurt.

The next day, i've never seen a pcm/morning routine so tense with people yelling and everyone completely on edge. It's also the first and last time iv ever seen a regional manager yell at our center mngr and on-road in front of everyone at a pcm. To make matters worse, it was our shop steward that rear-ended the other driver. No one got suspended/terminated but it was a huge mess. I don't remember the details surrounding it.
Good times 🍻