anyone else delivering saturday ground?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by paul the clerk, Dec 5, 2014.

1. paul the clerk

paul the clerk just chillin'

we are today. first time i can remember ups doing this. we're going to be doing this for the next three Saturdays and possibly the last Sunday before Xmas as well. yeah, i think I'll drag my butt in for 50 bucks an hour.
  2. BigDaddyO8a

BigDaddyO8a Member

In our center they asked for volunteers for tomorrow needed 20 only 2 said yes most drivers out of hrs
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Nope, not a chance.
  4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Over my dead body will I be there.
  5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

EXACTLY FUNK THAT lol. I love that sleepy time on Saturday lol.
  6. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Sleepy time followed by party time?
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Only 48 hours this week so far, so I'll mosey in for a sixth punch this AM. ;)
  8. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Forget that junk, Saturdays and sundays are for me lol.
  9. Maybe next year
  10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Sleepy time, followed by work at home time on Saturday, so I can enjoy couch-football time on sunday, and throw in some party time on Saturday nights lol.
  11. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Not unless I'm required to. I need and value my weekends off. The body needs time to heal.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Honestly i would estimate 95% of my center are or close to being maxed out on hours
  13. Future

Future Well-Known Member

I am with you ......i get up whatever has to be done then its nap time on the couch for a few hours......God I love my Saturday naps!!!
  14. arice11

arice11 Active Member

crazy that drivers work on Saturdays
  15. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

I would volunteer for a tuesday-saturday shift for peak season. This way we gain a saturday of residential deliveries. I would suspect on a saturday a driver would be able to do more stops per hour then a regular business day do to less traffic. Also it would help in getting those pesky time consuming signature required send-again packages out of the system. We get slammed with cases of wine and all kinds of signature required packages during peak.

If nothing else, use some of the seasonal hires for a tuesday-saturday shift. Lessons the chance of an accident. Keeps them in the residential sections. Less chance of the screwing up commercial stops and pickups. Probably more productive too.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  16. arice11

arice11 Active Member

that's nuts...i love having saturday off
    wouldn't want to do that for any amount of money
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Not I said the fly.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Wife works saturdays. Kids are older. Makes little difference to me when my 2 days off are in the week.
  19. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

If you picked up Ground while running Saturday Air, would that change the day to ground rate?
  20. Fragile

Fragile Active Member

This is the 3rd peak we are doing it here in NYC