Archives

A

afups

"I got gouged. I never used a MBE again."

Same here...Once was enough for me. I have been to our local UPS store and it has been great. I have been sending friends and neighbors there and they all come back to tell me they are sold on UPS.

I don't know where this thread is going, but, if repetition and boredom count for anything, I think it should go away and let Loyal have it all to himself. That would be an appropriate ending.

Hope all is well in your worlds and that it stays that way for a long, long time.

D

dannyboy

"My financials are confidential and I am prohibited by my franchise agreement from disclosing them. I honor this as I would not want someone to be unwittingly led to believe they could do as well."

As well as what? ARe you finally saying you are doing well, and someone pointing to your operation as an example would be enticed to join because of the profits? Is that what you are stating?

"The UPSS certainly have a markup in spite of the advertising claims that the pricing is low and direct from UPS. This in itself implies no markup, but is certainly not true. The price at the UPSS or the UPS counter can be as much as $15 or more higher than the internet shipping rate. so, one who lives in glass house should not throw stones."

Im talking charging $20 for a package that UPS charges $5.20 to ship. Then add $2.00 per hundred for insurance, top that off with a $10-30 packing charge.......

Hit a sore spot didnt I. Now that your true stealing, lying, dishonest self has steped forward, we all get a good look at why everything you post is tainted at best, and a downright lie if not.

You just cant stand someone doing well can you?

AS I stated the UPS store on my route was open close to 8-9 months before christmas. They used their UPS store van to pick up packages for customers that could not bring them. Hell they even picked up and delivered a piano for a customer. They took at least 5-6 loads on this van to the center, we filled up the TP60 every day, and on several occasions we also loaded many packages onto the package cars. There were at least 5 drivers that stoped by each day to pick up what they had. Not sure of the dollar volume, but when you ship 350-400 a day for two weeks, and 175-250 the other two weeks of december, Im sure he broke $100,000 very easy.

But you know what, he doesnt waste his time moping like you do, he goes out and grows the business.

Like he says, "with UPS advertising, I do very well. But even if they didnt advertise, I would still do well.

"The UPSS pays the same percentage and receives massive TV advertising that falsely implies that ALL Mail Box Etc.'s are now UPS Stores."

So you are receiving FREE massive advertising? And you are bitching about it? I guess that shows your true personality!

Sorry Cheryl, I slipped. Wont happen again, I promise!

d

L

loyalmbe

salesguy13, you sound an awful lot like tieguy

BUt your post needs some response as you have misrepresented so many things in your attack on me.

>>I don't post often<<

I guess not, you are not even a member of this board, you are an unregistered guest with an id fabricated expressly for the purpose of this attack on me.

>> but I can't hold back right now. Unbelievable... DISLOYAL<<

You can't even get my name right, thus I must assume your statements are based more on what tieguy has presented than upon any careful reading of what I have said.

>>banters back and forth like an egomaniac but has yet to firmly establish any of his claims.<<

Sounds like tieguy alright, just what have I claimed and not established??
>>Maybe the reason your business is struggling is that you spend your time looking at everyone else as the one at fault,<<

When have I ever stated that my business is struggling, more tieguy spin.

>>when in fact if you would just take a peek into the mirror maybe you would see the real problem.<<

real problem, not so! You have no basis for your opinion are you inside my mirror?

>>Your major problem with UPS is this, we brought Authorized Shipping Outlet pricing back down to earth! You can no longer charge Next Day Air Rates for Ground shipping.<<

I have never charged Next Day Air prices for ground shipping, don't make unfounded accusations.

>>I suggest you get off of this board and get to making effective business decisions since it seems that you haven't lately, why else would your store be struggling?<<

Your suggestion is out of line, my store is not struggling, show me where I ever said that it was.
You can't you won't because I didn't say it.

L

loyalmbe

NewUPSSOwner

Thank you for sharing additional information about your incredible results.

As your comments about paying attention etc. seemed directly at me, maybe I should point out that the 6 questions were not crafted by me.

As I previously mentioned, another individual cut and pasted your earlier post and posted it on the yahoo finance UPS board. The questions were posed by another member of that board in response to what you posted on this board.

I knew that you did not frequent that board and felt it appropriate that you see the questions and respond to them. I confess also having personal curiosity.

Again, thanks for your candid response, I would like to invite you to come to the yahoo UPS board yourself if you would like to.

Also, it would seem that your incredible results will be publicized at some point by UPS/MBE public realations. I respectfully request that you state where your store is located. City and State.

L

loyalmbe

My dear dannyboy

You too, are reacting more to what tieguy and others have said than you are to anything I have said.

>>As well as what? ARe you finally saying you are doing well, and someone pointing to your operation as an example would be enticed to join because of the profits? Is that what you are stating?<<

I have never said that I was not doing well. It is others that make that claim in their efforts to discredit me.

>>"The UPSS certainly have a markup in spite of the advertising claims that the pricing is low and direct from UPS. This in itself implies no markup, but is certainly not true. The price at the UPSS or the UPS counter can be as much as $15 or more higher than the internet shipping rate. so, one who lives in glass house should not throw stones."<<

Yes I said that and it is true

>>Im talking charging $20 for a package that UPS charges $5.20 to ship. Then add $2.00 per hundred for insurance, top that off with a $10-30 packing charge.......<<

this is a slanderous inaccurate statement on your part. I have never charged 420 to ship a package that UPS charges $5.20 to ship.

I have never charged $2 per hundred for insurance Except on USPS shipments where the post office charges me $2.30 for the first hundred. Check it out. On UPS Packages, I have never charged more than the MBE recommended rate and sometimes less.

>>Hit a sore spot didnt I. Now that your true stealing, lying, dishonest self has steped forward, we all get a good look at why everything you post is tainted at best, and a downright lie if not.<<

No, but you certainly have stepped over the line by calling me slanderous names for no reason. By accusing me of things that I have not done. You could be taken to court for your false accusations. You need to let common sense prevail and control your anger.

>>You just cant stand someone doing well can you?<<

I like to see others do well. I do not like to see others make false representations. I do challenge that which sounds too good to be true. If the person making the claims can back them up, my hats off to them.

>>AS I stated the UPS store on my route was open close to 8-9 months before christmas. They used their UPS store van to pick up packages for customers that could not bring them. Hell they even picked up and delivered a piano for a customer. They took at least 5-6 loads on this van to the center, we filled up the TP60 every day, and on several occasions we also loaded many packages onto the package cars. There were at least 5 drivers that stoped by each day to pick up what they had. Not sure of the dollar volume, but when you ship 350-400 a day for two weeks, and 175-250 the other two weeks of december, Im sure he broke $100,000 very easy.<<

If this is true, it is exceptional. I have no reason to doubt you other than the fact you have made other statements that I know to be inaccurate (i.e, about me) It is certainly possible for a store that has been open 9 months to do this well. 8 to 9 months vs. 1 month, big difference. If you would care to share where this store is, or where you drive, it would be of interest. Is it a high rent area? What was the air vs ground percentage?

>>But you know what, he doesnt waste his time moping like you do, he goes out and grows the business.<<

his choice, I really don't mope, I do challenge inaccurate reporting. I do work on and in my business, probably as many hours a day as you are on your job.

>>Like he says, "with UPS advertising, I do very well. But even if they didnt advertise, I would still do well. <<

quite possible! He doesn't know, he hasn't done it without the advertising!

"The UPSS pays the same percentage and receives massive TV advertising that falsely implies that ALL Mail Box Etc.'s are now UPS Stores."

this is true, pay attention to the ads.

>>So you are receiving FREE massive advertising? And you are bitching about it? I guess that shows your true personality!<<

This is a clear distortion. I am not a UPSS, I do not get free advertising. You totally misinterperted this. The problem is that UPSS advertising implies that all Mail Boxes Etc. are no longer Mail Boxes Etc. a clear distortion of the facts.

Sorry Cheryl, I slipped. Wont happen again, I promise!

d

D

dannyboy

"I am not a UPSS, I do not get free advertising. You totally misinterperted this. The problem is that UPSS advertising implies that all Mail Boxes Etc. are no longer Mail Boxes Etc. a clear distortion of the facts."

Lemme see. I am a MBE, but UPS is advertising that all MBE's are actually UPS stores so come by and visit, send your packages spend your money with them.

I think you are wrong, you are getting free advertising.

"I have never said that I was not doing well. It is others that make that claim in their efforts to discredit me."

THat is all I have ever heard you complain about was lost money or the lack of potential to make more as a UPS store. If indead you are doing well, and your business is making you money, what the hell are you crying about. All I have ever heard you post about was losses that you have had, or lack of potential for making more.

Having a problem in keeping your story straight?

Furthermore, you dont need any body making claims to discredit you, you do so well all on your own.

As to telling you where my area is, I will share that with Cheryl if she wants. Hell I will even give her the UPS stores phone number. But to you, you get nothing.

Oh and by the way, those package numbers on the packages per day, that was only for tues-friday. Monday volume was prob close to twice that of the other days. Air volume was 20-40 next days a day, in the two weeks before christmas 75% or so was three day or two day. That was the breakdown that I saw. Like I said, there were so many packages that no one but the owner knows the exact breakdown per day. To me that just shows it can and is being done, contrary to your posts of doom and gloom.

d

L

loyalmbe

danny

your mind is made up, I shouldn't try to confuse you with facts. I feel I must however comment on a couple of your statements.

"I am not a UPSS, I do not get free advertising. You totally misinterperted this. The problem is that UPSS advertising implies that all Mail Boxes Etc. are no longer Mail Boxes Etc. a clear distortion of the facts."

>>Lemme see. I am a MBE, but UPS is advertising that all MBE's are actually UPS stores so come by and visit, send your packages spend your money with them.<<

you missed the point, the advertising is false. some people who don't like UPS will believe that since they can no longer go to an MBE, they must go to the post office, or an independent. Advertising a lie does not constitute free advertising for me. In the past, Mail Boxes Etc. had TV advertising that directed people to MBE stores. This year, TV guide had advertising that listed ONLY UPS store locations. They did not list MBE locations. That in concert with the TV advertising sent out a message that there were no more MBE's. Apparently, we didn't become UPSS and we went out of business. That is the message that was sent.

>>I think you are wrong, you are getting free advertising.<<

I think you are wrong. Advertising that I no longer exist is not free advertising in my book.

"I have never said that I was not doing well. It is others that make that claim in their efforts to discredit me."

>>THat is all I have ever heard you complain about was lost money or the lack of potential to make more as a UPS store. If indead you are doing well, and your business is making you money, what the hell are you crying about. All I have ever heard you post about was losses that you have had, or lack of potential for making more.<<

show me where I ever said that, don't keep making unfounded accusations.

>>Having a problem in keeping your story straight?<<

no, but you seem to!

>>As to telling you where my area is, I will share that with Cheryl if she wants. Hell I will even give her the UPS stores phone number. But to you, you get nothing.<<

so whats your point, are you afraid I will contact the store and find out the truth?

Oh and by the way, you made no apology for the slanderous lies in your prior post, nor did you attempt to defend them. I guess that is your way of admitting you lied. Actually the only reports I have heard of anyone charging $2 per hundred for insurance involved UPS Stores and they have been advised that they may do this. They were advised at the time rates were adjusted last week, that it was their responsibility to go back into the system and reset their own retail rates.

In other words, UPS set the rates where they wanted them, but allows UPSS to raise them at will.

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

Two does not make a consensus.

I do not need your advice, thanks for the offer.

L

loyalmbe

ups_vette

>>loyal..
I see your reading comprehension has not improved. The new UPSS owner stated he borrowed $50K to open his store.
I know you never had, or will have, $100,000 available, but that doesen't mean noone else dosen't have that amount of cash assets to invest.. Keep spinning closet boy, and take a class in comprehensive reading.<<

First, it is you who needs the class in reading comprehension, If you read the post, you would see that I only relayed a question asked by another (this was one of six questions), I never said that he bought his store for $50,000. So you did not read carefully.

Second, you are a liar. You do not know that I never had, or never will have $100,000 available. That is pure conjecture on your part, but you state it to be fact. That makes you a liar, plain and simple.

Third, do you know the difference between comprehensive and comprehension. Hint : there is a big difference in meaning. Has anyone ever heard of a class in comprehensive reading.

T

tieguy

"tieguy,
Two does not make a consensus.
I do not need your advice, thanks for the offer."

Disloyal
you either do not know how to count or you do not pay attention. There is a heck of a lot more than 2 here telling you that your screwed up. Perhaps your inability to comprehend, count or your inattentiveness is the cause of your financial problems.

L

local804

I still cant figure out whats worse.......This debate or the black and brown democratic on the tube.

C

cripldupser

I have an on the job injury that has required 3 surgeries and I've now been told I'll never be able to return to driving. After nearly 20 years, that hurts. Has anybody ever been through the settlement process or knows what happens. Like I said I've been driving almost 20 years and feel I should recieve a good settlement for my loss of income. And yes I do have an attorney. I'd just like to hear from co-workers on what I should do.

U

ups_vette

loyal..

Hey Mr I'm Always Right...Since you re posted the questions, you must have the same questions.

Evidently you have no concept of someone NOT needing to borrow all the monies required to start a new business, or you wouldn't have reposted that question.

A comprehensive reading class is designed to teach someone how to understand the entire content, not mearly the written words, to comprehend in it's entirety. That is something you continuely fail to do.

It must be hard for you, being the egomaniac you are, to recognize when you're wrong.

Your hatred of UPS/UPSS is a lot deeper than someone who just disagrees with UPS's business plan, it's indicitive of someone with a severe personality disorder.

Judging from all your negative posts it's only a matter of time before your negativity
leads to a mental breakdown, if it hasn't already happened.

D

dannyboy

I dont know what to help you with. Actually it is probably Liberty that you will be getting the money from as they handle the claims for UPS.

Just out of curriosity, what happened?

d

D

dannyboy

HEhehe. Go for it! I'm waiting. Just remember, if you dont, then I will for breach of contract. Do I need to explain that legal term for you?

d

Subject : Sue You!

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Jan 2004 02:03:58.0920 (UTC) FILETIME=[576E5C80:01C3D8B0]
Congratulations! You have received a private message from the following
discussion board user: Loyalmbe

-----------------------------------------------------------

good idea. I just need to find you and I got some leads already.

To: dannyboy, From: loyalmbe

C

cheryl

dannyboy,

It appears that email was sent through this board's email system and, in my opinion, he is threatening you. The sender's account has been suspended for violation of the Terms of Service of this board...

Lot's of suspensions today... must be a full moon...

T

tieguy

Tsk Tsk , disloyal trying to snake the honest drivers along with the company. Have you no soul my disloyal malcontent.