Archives

L

loyalmbe

>>Nothing needs to be proven to disloyal. Just keep the knives up out of his reach and watch your back.<<

Hey beegdadday, your alteration of my username in an attempt to discredit shows what kind of a person you really are. Your second sentence is purely nonsensical.

Fortunately, cheryl does not let you spew the same filth and sexual innuendos here that you espouse on the yahoo finance board.

T

tieguy

Really disloyal and what did your attack on the profitable ups store owner show us? Eh?

N

newupssowner

LOYALMBE,

1. We had 3118 customers in December
2. We started with 4 employees and myself but quickly hired another when we saw what was coming.
3. During the ISHIP "slowdown" we had a huge pile of pkgs that were priced but not processed. We were sweating it but processed everyone as quickly as we could and EVERYONE was satisfied with the short line.
4. I don't have the ground/air %'s but we were almost all ground.
5. I said my loan was for $50,000 - not the store. I had a few bucks before I got in...pay attention.
6. Our demographics is probably very similar to most stores. We have a mix of business, small business and residential - perhaps more residential than the average store.

We were able to acheive our numbers because people are sick and tired of the post office and the other ASO down the street. One is incompetant and the other is a thief. I also spent some time visiting businesses in the mornings and visited with customers while they were waiting. With the exception of a few who think a box should be free we had only positive comments about our store and our staff. We treated everyone professionally, politely and with a smile. It's amazing how well that works.

L

loyalmbe

>>, O God my sides hurt.

I think I've seen it all. MBE calling someone elses post pure bunk. I guess any view besides the one it holds.............<<

Sure you think it is funny when someone posts unadulterated falsehoods and is unwilling to prove them.

>>MBE, why dont you post your financials here. lets see your numbers.<<

My financials are confidential and I am prohibited by my franchise agreement from disclosing them. I honor this as I would not want someone to be unwittingly led to believe they could do as well.

The other poster chose to disclose his alleged results without identifying himself in anyway. It is well known that this kind of result would be highly unlikely and it is quite proper to ask someone making and outrageous statement to back it up.

>>MBE that I had the opertunity to do business with gouged the customer with all sorts of surcharges,<<

I think UPS is the leader in surcharges of the industry, kinda the pot calling the kettle black, here, Danny??

>>some as much as $15 or more per package over the cost. And then had the audacity to tell customers that it was the true UPS charges, that they were not adding any other charges to it.<<

If indeed the center in question actually said that they had no markup, that would be wrong. However, any reasonable person would understand that the costs of running a retail operation require a markup, business is not supposed to be charity.

The UPSS certainly have a markup in spite of the advertising claims that the pricing is low and direct from UPS. This in itself implies no markup, but is certainly not true. The price at the UPSS or the UPS counter can be as much as $15 or more higher than the internet shipping rate. so, one who lives in glass house should not throw stones.

>>I guess if you are whining about that theft coming to a grinding halt, I can see your point. But that is not UPS's fault, its your greed.<<

>>Instead of growing the business, you gouge the current customers.<<

You have no basis for saying that I gouge my customers. For all you know, my margins are lower than the UPSS and in fact my retail prices in many cases are lower for equivalent service.
Would you say that the fact that UPS charges me more than they charge UPSS for the same service, that means they are gouging me? Would you agree that by collecting 2 1/2% as a national media fee and then not running national tv for MBE, that means UPS is gouging me?? - The UPSS pays the same percentage and receives massive TV advertising that falsely implies that ALL Mail Box Etc.'s are now UPS Stores.

>>And now that there are new guys in town that dont, and wont let you, you cry.<<

No one is crying, and for the most part they are not new guys in town, just the same old guys who abandonded the brand based on representations by UPS that the business model was broken. Representations based on incomplete data.

>>Get over it, deal with it, and go on.<<

I will get over it, I am dealing with it, and I am going on. In the meantime, I will challenge misrepresentation and unfounded claims as I have every right to do.

d

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

It simply shows that I will not stand still while someone spreads unproven and probably false information. It was not an attack, it was a response to his attack and a challenge that he prove that he actually accomplished the super human result he claimed. And I will not stoop to your level and call you lieguy.

regards

Loyalmbe

>>Really disloyal and what did your attack on the profitable ups store owner show us? Eh?<<

T

tieguy

Disloyal,
all of your information is also unproven. You apparently only except unproven information that is in your favor.

T

tieguy

Disloyal,
Your only object to unproven information that shows a profitable ups store. You claim your financial info is confidential but expect him to provide his.

W

wily_old_vet

loyalmbe-It seems to me there is a simple solution to your problem. You didn't want to switch to being a UPSS and that's fine. You apparently don't like UPS and that's fine. So the solution is to not offer UPS shipping to your customers. Tell them you will only ship by Fdx or USPS. Then you can't blame the loss of business on any one but your self. I'd love to hear your customers response to that. I also agree with Tieguy that it's interesting that ask someone to show their financials but you hide behind your franchise agreement to say that you can't show yours when asked. You can't have it both ways.

T

tieguy

Disloyal has his mbe store which is what he wants. He should be happy and working so hard to be successfull that he does not have the time to domintate message boards.

L

loyalmbe

>>Your only object to unproven information that shows a profitable ups store. You claim your financial info is confidential but expect him to provide his.<<<

He volunteered his claim that he did better than any new store has ever done before. He also made attacks of those of us who disagree. I called him on it, and can only assume that he lied since he will not back up his unrealistic claims. Perhaps it is all a mistake and he did $8.3K in STR, what a difference a misplaced decimal makes.

If I told you I have a car that does 0-100 in 1 second, would you accept that??

If I told you I had a $200K month in December, would you want proof.

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

want to talk about dominating a msg board. Do you realize that was you 1015th post on this board??

Post Number: 1015

L

loyalmbe

>>I also agree with Tieguy that it's interesting that ask someone to show their financials but you hide behind your franchise agreement to say that you can't show yours when asked. You can't have it both ways.<<

I never asked him to show his financials, just to back up a ludicrous claim that he chose to make.

Perhaps his franchise agreement allows him to publicize his results. On the other hand, perhaps he is not even a UPSS and is just playing with all of us.

As to your suggestion that I not sell UPS in my store, again, it is my understanding that UPS is a required service under the franchise agreement. If this is not the case, my point still is that I bought a Mail Boxes Etc. because I could offer choices between the two top carriers. There are actually a few places that my customers ship to that only accept UPS or USPS.
UPS is a little better on service to remote areas though the gap is closing fast. Coast to coast ground, Fedex is normally faster! I match my customers up with the service that meets their needs and give them thier choice. As long as Fedex charges me less, the customer pays less.

B

brownmonster

You talk about service being more important than price(MBE vs UPSS) but you use a carrier (Fedex Ground) that gets volume solely on underpricing UPS. The service cannot compare. If the service was better and the price less why are we winning back so many customers? As tgilestgiles would say, just keep sending the checks!! HaHaHaHaHaHa (sorry, just had to do that)BM

U

upsdude

At least twice a day someone flags me down to inquire about shipping a package. I direct them past the MBE and directly to the UPS Store. UPS Store vs UPS Counter, the UPS Store is better staffed and offers much better service than the UPS Counter with one clerk waiting on customers and looking for Will Calls.

S

salesguy13

I don't post often but I can't hold back right now. Unbelievable... DISLOYAL banters back and forth like an egomaniac but has yet to firmly establish any of his claims. Maybe the reason your business is struggling is that you spend your time looking at everyone else as the one at fault, when in fact if you would just take a peek into the mirror maybe you would see the real problem. Your major problem with UPS is this, we brought Authorized Shipping Outlet pricing back down to earth! You can no longer charge Next Day Air Rates for Ground shipping. I suggest you get off of this board and get to making effective business decisions since it seems that you haven't lately, why else would your store be struggling?

B

brown39

It cracks me up that this loyal jerk has so much time to post messages on the internet on several different boards, yet claims his business is doing so good. The old saying "thou protests too much" could fit here. If these mbe/fdx followers are SO HAPPY, what are they complaining about on UPS boards ? I am truly amazed. I still cannot figure out what they want to accomplish on these boards !! It isn't like these guys add up to anything when it comes to UPS and the UPS Stores. All they do is spew lies and half-truths that smacks of jealousy and a failure to understand and ACCEPT competition. Talk about your losers !

P

proups

I'm with all of you that have talked with UPS Store owners that are happy. I've used one with a happy owner, and it was a great experience. Beats driving the extra miles to a UPS counter on the weekend.

I also agree that the upset MBEs owners are the people that aren't happy about not being able to gouge their customers. The ONLY time I used a MBE I went back and compared what they charged me to what I would have paid at a UPS Customer Counter, and WOW - I got gouged. I never used a MBE again.

U

ups_vette

upsdreamin..
I do not feel sorry one of your stores will be down $24k from last year. What i do feel sorry for is all the customers that were OVER CHARGED in order for you to make that additional $24k.

loyal..
I see your reading comprehension has not improved. The new UPSS owner stated he borrowed $50K to open his store.
I know you never had, or will have, $100,000 available, but that doesen't mean noone else dosen't have that amount of cash assets to invest.. Keep spinning closet boy, and take a class in comprehensive reading.