Are Service Dogs Allowed?

helenofcalifornia

So Puresurrender is gone for good now? He was kind of rude.

And no, I have never seen a service dog at UPS. OMS would be a good spot for you and your dog though. If only the dog could answer the phone too......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So Puresurrender is gone for good now? He was kind of rude.

And no, I have never seen a service dog at UPS. OMS would be a good spot for you and your dog though. If only the dog could answer the phone too......

...and send out the same ODS messages day in and day out...and make promises to customers without checking with the driver first...

TUT

You can see the ignorance I am dealing with. P.S. I would have an office job. But...they are fighting me tooth and nail. My friend used to work at the USPS as a mail carrier. She was the 1st to sue the USPS and win! She got a judgement and now all USPS employees are allowed to bring their service dog to work.

I knew the big L would be at the heart of this. Now you know why they are fighting tooth and nail.

Yes. They are not saying I cannot bring a service dog. There just doesn't seem as though there are ANY positions available. They keep saying they are concerned about the dog being in the office for 5 hours at a time, etc. They also want my doctor to come up with an alternative accommodation. I'm not sure if that is even legal. Problem is, I've been told if I get an attorney, all communication stops at that point and it is my attorney vs. the UPS attorney. So, I'm between a rock and a hard place. I just can't believe this issue has never come up before OR...maybe it has and like everyone else that leaves UPS they decided to run instead of stand and fight. I'm not one of those people.

TUT

Yes. They are not saying I cannot bring a service dog. There just doesn't seem as though there are ANY positions available. They keep saying they are concerned about the dog being in the office for 5 hours at a time, etc. They also want my doctor to come up with an alternative accommodation. I'm not sure if that is even legal. Problem is, I've been told if I get an attorney, all communication stops at that point and it is my attorney vs. the UPS attorney. So, I'm between a rock and a hard place. I just can't believe this issue has never come up before OR...maybe it has and like everyone else that leaves UPS they decided to run instead of stand and fight. I'm not one of those people.

Honestly do you not understand the world you live in? You are coming in to them with a huge RED Flag the size of China above your head. Maybe you can't see it that way, that is all they see, with a little mouth underneath it.

S

speeddemon

Id like to bring my Border Collie's. They could herd the misloads in my truck.