Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
To change the topic a little...
Here in Socal, we've had all our sleeper team drivers added to the dispatch for the peak season.
It's sad to see independent truckers lining up outside the gate to take our trailers. They are doing long pulls, pulls to the rails and hubs and chasing down empties. Mostly they're doing what we dispatch drivers would consider premium work. When I left the hub at 0400 Monday, there were over 40 independents hanging around waiting for work.
Any thoughts?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Lots of grievances already in the works. Your Local should have told you guys to keep track of your hours and work. With the Local 177 arbitration this is a slam dunk but as you know we can only react after the Company violates. We at 104 are sharing all the info we have here with the affected CA locals.

Johney

To change the topic a little...
Here in Socal, we've had all our sleeper team drivers added to the dispatch for the peak season.
It's sad to see independent truckers lining up outside the gate to take our trailers. They are doing long pulls, pulls to the rails and hubs and chasing down empties. Mostly they're doing what we dispatch drivers would consider premium work. When I left the hub at 0400 Monday, there were over 40 independents hanging around waiting for work.
Any thoughts?
Lots of grievances already in the works. Your Local should have told you guys to keep track of your hours and work. With the Local 177 arbitration this is a slam dunk but as you know we can only react after the Company violates. We at 104 are sharing all the info we have here with the affected CA locals.
No problems here. We are allowed to work our 60 doing whatever while gypsies pull loads. I sat at a hub the other night for 2+ hours waiting on a load only to get dispatched an empty while some gypsie pulled the load I had been waiting on. Do I care? Not one fricken bit. Whatever.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hasn't ups use gypos to move loads before during Christmas... What makes this year so much different... And if they are going to use these coyotes why even hire Christmas casuals???

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They did the same here, bumped all the sleeper teams to super Q for peak and gave their loads to the gypsies.

Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
Our local 396 hasn't been very visible.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Maybe you ignored that they have taken sleeper work and given it to subcontractors this peak.

Maybe next year they add all the out of town work, and you drive local.

Maybe the next year they add all the local work and you shift.

Maybe the next year they add the shifting and you are back in a package car.

When will you care?

Johney

Maybe you ignored that they have taken sleeper work and given it to subcontractors this peak.

Maybe next year they add all the out of town work, and you drive local.

Maybe the next year they add all the local work and you shift.

Maybe the next year they add the shifting and you are back in a package car.

When will you care?
Awful lotta maybe's. Besides if my Union allowed this to happen I suppose MAYBE I'd be looking for a better union.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Word on the street is the Coyote contractors are being paid $60 an hour for up to 10 hours a day.....

Sounds reasonable.

Don't forget, they burn about $20/hr in fuel.

They pay for their rigs.

They pay for maintenance on their rigs.

They pay for their registration and all DOT fees and taxes.

They pay for their healthcare.

No pension.

That $60/hr boils down to about $25/hr after expenses.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you guys think that the purchase of the coyotes by ups has any connection with Amazon purchasing trailers has anyone heard of a partnership in any of this???

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Awful lotta maybe's. Besides if my Union allowed this to happen I suppose MAYBE I'd be looking for a better union.

As I said, you are misinformed.

YOU are the Union.

YOU are allowing, and facilitating, this violation of our contract.

Changing Union logos won't solve anything if it's made up of members who share your attitude.

You get exactly what you fight for.