Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had parked the trailer and got out and pulled the pin when another driver came in and said we should butt the trailers together so nobody breaks into them...so I put the pin back in thinking it would reattach... Well now I know better... Lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I had parked the trailer and got out and pulled the pin when another driver came in and said we should butt the trailers together so nobody breaks into them...so I put the pin back in thinking it would reattach... Well now I know better... Lol
school of hard knocks. i think i made almost every mistake there is to make but not twice.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
A lot of it has to do with the complete 180 we make in going from a very physical job to a job with very little physical activity. Then you factor in working nights which completely messes up your circadian rhythm. THEN you factor in that if you eat out on the road, very little in the way of healthful food is available. Also, Feeder drivers tend to much on snacks to help them stay awake: my weakness is salty chips. When I'm on nights I tend to nap during my personal time. If I'm on days I like to go on a hike but that can get a little dicey when there is a hungry bear around that might have a taste for Feeder Driver (yes we have Bears in AZ). We had a bunch of Feeder drivers go on that wacko diet that they give you the female pregnancy hormone (and stick to a 500 calorie diet). They all dropped weight but it came back pretty quick. It's extra tough for the Dispatch drivers & Back Up Feeder drivers as their schedule can change weekly or daily. Try building a workout schedule around that!/QUOTE]

It just depends on how you want to live, I guess. Just working nights is no excuse not to take care of yourself. I always bring my own food, and it's all healthy. If I'm not working out, I can't blame the job. You gotta carve out time for everything. I like a good hard workout after I get off, and before I go to bed.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Last night I covered a route, the regular tractor is in the shop, so it has a loaner. Looks like a loaner, hood is cracked in several spots, couple of fairing repairs, etc. Open the hood, the motor looks brand new (this is an International 461xxx). Pull my 1st set of empties and the trans is the nicest shifting transmission I have driven and it pulls like a freight train. Pulled a 53' to the railyard later in the night and it pulled that really well too.

Is UPS putting new motors into some of the older tractors??? Seems like a good idea, as they get better mileage without all the pollution stuff, plus they are more reliable, which is a good thing for a tractor assigned to an outstate center.

Cosmetically, it did not look as nice as the assigned tractor, driveability and all that, was much, much better.
Here, the 266xxx series are scheduled for ADA but 267-8 are getting new motors as needed. The Internationals are beat to hell because of the poorly engineered rear cab air bag and shock.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we had a bunch of Macks that had a million miles on them or close and they were still fairly tight. that was my favorite ride. the Sterlings were horrible. The Freighliners were okay but most drivers prefeered the Macks except the tall ones cause lack leg room.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
we had a bunch of Macks that had a million miles on them or close and they were still fairly tight. that was my favorite ride. the Sterlings were horrible. The Freighliners were okay but most drivers prefeered the Macks except the tall ones cause lack leg room.
Are freight liners common???never seen one around here

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They shipped them all over. drove a California mack my first peak. That truck was a disaster.
The sterling im driving this week might be from out west. It has a jake break. Our sterlings never had engine brakes

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
To anyone who has dropped a trailer, ok everyone, did Management know about it and were you disciplined or charged with an accident?

PM replies preferred with Region & Location

brownburro

To anyone who has dropped a trailer, ok everyone, did Management know about it and were you disciplined or charged with an accident?

PM replies preferred with Region & Location
Not sure why it would be an accident unless you damaged the landing gear. Just do what most drivers do, look around as if to check if the coast is clear and leave the scene. [emoji12]