silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Just pull forward a few inches and dump the air before pulling out. Ill do it on a kenworth, but not the new macks. Ain't got time to mess around with that idiotic system.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
air bags are nice to dump on a too low trailer or trying to hook up a trailer in ice or snow and you don't want too much resistance. gotta be careful about high pinning it though. it's nice having that back window in the cab.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How far do you leave the landing gear off the ground, a few inches?
the bosses want you to take the weight off the fifth wheel before dropping the trailer. with empties i would roll them all the way to the ground and then reverse a turn or 2 . with loads i would go all the way to ground and then a little bit more in low gear. don't want the trailer to drop too much .

UPS4Life

How far do you leave the landing gear off the ground, a few inches?
I use my foot as a guide, if it fits under the foot that's about right. With air ride you want to drop it some so spring tractors don't high pin. When you dump the air make sure the 5th wheel falls and doesn't stay flat, makes it real easy to fork the trailer if you don't use your window.

silenze

I dont know if this has been posted but here is the new retractable dolly
I was going to take it but they had locked it up with a chain

Attachments

• 1463800125043.jpg
    1463800125043.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 1463800143078.jpg
    1463800143078.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 173

brownburro

What the hell is this for? I'm in California, we only pull double 28's and 53's , although I've heard rumors about double 35's or something.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

We got a posting about it last month.

Seems like they will be going into service soon, especially on turnpikes with triples.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What the hell is this for? I'm in California, we only pull double 28's and 53's , although I've heard rumors about double 35's or something.

It will be for double pups and 45's also.

I thought I posted something about it last month. It is supposed to retract over 40 mph to get the rear closer to the front.

Less drag, more stable, especially with triples and better fuel economy.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
it sounds like the fifth wheel on the shifter needs to be adjusted or serviced. this usually happens when too much dirt gets in there and needs to be cleaned out , serviced, and greased. an experienced driver would bring this issue up to the mechanic unless he's clueless or lazy or both.

I've had tractors that, for whatever reason, the pin will be in when you're trying to hook up. If the pin is IN, nothing you can do will let the fifth wheel latch to the pin. Not sure if this is the problem, but sometimes with older equipment, the pin can slide back to the IN position after it has been disconnected from a trailer. In theory, that's why the pin has a 90 degree bend in it; to hold it in the OUT position. But like the old girl says, I think a lot of lube will make sure the pin stays out when it's been pulled.

Where I'm at, almost all of our equipment is brand new, so I never really see this problem anymore. But remember this: if the pin on the fifth wheel is IN when you are trying to hook a pin, you can hit that trailer as hard as you can, but it will never latch. Check that.

Dracula

Some of the new tractors have air bag suspension,, if they don't dump the air. The trailer will be a bit high if you go pick it up with a tractor with springs.
Anyhow,, there should be a qualified feeder driver to move this equipment ,, your not qualified and something happens God forbid ,,,, your
A. SS. Will be on the line!!!

Yeah, but in your case, you will high pin the trailer.

Dracula

the bosses want you to take the weight off the fifth wheel before dropping the trailer. with empties i would roll them all the way to the ground and then reverse a turn or 2 . with loads i would go all the way to ground and then a little bit more in low gear. don't want the trailer to drop too much .

I always leave the legs a few inches off the ground. Nothing worse than these turn and burn drivers that leave the trailer up so high that the legs have to be cranked down just so you avoid high pinning the trailer.

silenze

I always leave the legs a few inches off the ground. Nothing worse than these turn and burn drivers that leave the trailer up so high that the legs have to be cranked down just so you avoid high pinning the trailer.
Try cranking a loaded trailer up and report back

jaker

trolling
Alright guys I need some help , what are the test we need to study for getting our permit for feeder in California

I don't see HR until Monday and I know they will wait until the last second to tell me I am going feeder and I ask the guys around me but no one can remember the ones you need

silenze

What do you eat for breakfast?
As much as you can fit in your mouth
Alright guys I need some help , what are the test we need to study for getting our permit for feeder in California

I don't see HR until Monday and I know they will wait until the last second to tell me I am going feeder and I ask the guys around me but no one can remember the ones you need
California DMV

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Probably these⤵⤵⤵:
For 'feeder' you you need to pass the written tests (to get your class A permit):
  • General knowledge
  • Air brakes
  • Combination vehicles (tractor-trailer)
  • Doubles/triples (endorsement)