Atheism ON TOPIC

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
How did you know it to be true?
I don't know it to be factual (Truth is a subjective experience) but I think it is more plausible especially within the context of what Jesus was saying to his audience and the point he was trying to get across.
Your mythology (Gate) makes it hard but plausible for the rich man to enter heaven.
My mythology (Rope) makes it pretty much impossible and drives the point that a rich man is too involved in the secular world for him to develop his spirituality and then experience heaven.
Jesus tells the young man, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
It's a binary code Jesus is putting forth.

Last edited:

vantexan

I don't know it to be true but I think it is more plausible especially within the context of what Jesus was saying to his audience and the point he was trying to get across.
Your mythology (Gate) makes it hard but plausible for the rich man to enter heaven.
My mythology (Rope) pretty much is impossible and drives the point that a rich man is too involved in the secular world for him to develop his spiritual being and enter heaven.
I think Jesus is more forgiving than that and it depends on the rich man's heart.

El Correcto

god is dead
This is current events. You need to go elsewhere for law and order.
It’s for their own good BB, they might get all worked up again and have chest pains.

Where do we draw the line? Is it going to take one of these decrepit cultists kicking the bucket from a :censored2: post?

El Correcto

god is dead
Stop it, you're killing me.
6DDEE8F1-B6F4-4531-AB7E-C9B4CE25866A.jpeg

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Maybe the point was that it’s hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

See what I did there? Cut right through the stupid crap and got to the real meaning.
Nope. See what you did right there?
You missed the real meaning.
Not hard for a rich man to enter, it's hard for a man who trusts in his riches.
It's alright to have money, just don't let money have you.

bbsam

Staff member
Nope. See what you did right there?
You missed the real meaning.
Not hard for a rich man to enter, it's hard for a man who trusts in his riches.
It's alright to have money, just don't let money have you.
You mean Chaucer was right?

Radix malorum est cupiditas!