Atlanta DA Paul Howard Is A Political Whore - Rayshard Brooks Case Prosecution Announcement

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bull :censored2:.
You cant just shot someone in the back because he is running.
Or is being drunk passed out in your car a felony now?
Why do you liberals get so upset when thugs die because of their own stupidity?

If there's an epidemic of police brutality, it should be easy for you people to find someone who isn't a total POS to cry about, right?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
C'mon Maaan!!
In reality. you don't have a friend:censored2:king clue what the shooting officer knew or didn't know.
Every lawyer I've seen on the local channels have said these charges against both officers will never stick!.
I agree with your post but we all know that is not the reason he was shot.

Deflection!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The man fired a weapon at the officer, then turned and ran. The officer had to unholster his weapon before returning fire. Turning your back during a firefight isn't a 'get out of jail free' card. Justice and the public were served in Wendy's parking lot. Now if only the arsonist could meet the same fate.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The man fired a weapon at the officer, then turned and ran. The officer had to unholster his weapon before returning fire. Turning your back during a firefight isn't a 'get out of jail free' card. Justice and the public were served in Wendy's parking lot. Now if only the arsonist could meet the same fate.
What fire fight?
Justice will be served up by the DA when these thugs are tried and convicted in a court of law

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why do you liberals get so upset when thugs die because of their own stupidity?

If there's an epidemic of police brutality, it should be easy for you people to find someone who isn't a total POS to cry about, right?
Why do you conservatives make excuses for every trigger happy dip :censored2: who wears a badge?
There are plenty of honest law enforcement members who you could support?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Every Atlanta police officer to receive $500 bonus today from foundation

So this is what defunding the police looks like?

The Atlanta Police Foundation is paying a $500 bonus to every Atlanta police officer today.
It will add up to more than $2 million in money the foundation has raised. No city funds will be used to pay for the bonuses.
They’ll also be purchasing 20 police cars to replace those that were destroyed in protests a few weeks ago.

The foundation told Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Justin Gray that the bonuses are a thank you for the long hours and hard work over the past 3 months.

1592504571706.png

A post on Facebook from my Police Person cousin.
1592504473840.png

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Why do you conservatives make excuses for every trigger happy dip :censored2: who wears a badge?
There are plenty of honest law enforcement members who you could support?
I don't support this police person but I am adamantly against the POS Politicians that are jumping on this BS prosecution bandwagon.
The GBI has not released their investigations and recommendations on this case yet.
The Mayor is trying to enhance her chances as a choice for Vice-President.
The DA is trying to detract from his investigation by the GBI and enhance his chances of a primary runoff in August.

The whole scenario is all friend:censored2:ked up from start to where we are today.

I don't believe the shooter policeman should get his job back.
However, the charges are just political machinations by the Mayor and DA!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What fire fight?
Justice will be served up by the DA when these thugs are tried and convicted in a court of law
I don't believe the shooter policeman should get his job back but he may.
However, there is not a snowballs chance in hell he will be convicted ... the charges are just political machinations by the Mayor and DA!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
JUN 18, 2020 PRESS RELEASE ATLANTA, Ga. — Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) today called for Attorney General Chris Carr to appoint an independent district attorney in the case of Rayshard Brooks after Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced charges before the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) had completed their investigation.

“Our founders intended for our justice system to be blind – blind to race, blind to socioeconomic status, and blind to politics. While we seek justice for George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and the many lives lost, we cannot turn our backs on the majority of law enforcement officers who are simply doing their jobs and putting their lives on the line for us each and every day."

“Charging an Atlanta police officer with felony murder before the completion of the GBI's investigation was a political decision, not a legal one. I’m calling on Attorney General Chris Carr to appoint an independent district attorney in the case of Rayshard Brooks to ensure Georgians have complete confidence that this case is devoid of any and all political influence."

"If a special prosecutor was warranted in the Ahmaud Arbery case, then it certainly warrants the appointment of one here."
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
June 17, 2020
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the Atlanta Police Department on Friday night, June 12th, to investigate an officer involved shooting at the Wendy’s Restaurant on University Avenue. We are in the process of conducting this investigation. Although we have made significant progress in the case, we have not completed our work. Our goal in every officer involved shooting case we are requested to review, is to complete a thorough, impartial investigation before we submit the file to the respective District Attorney’s Office.

The GBI was not aware of today’s press conference before it was conducted. We were not consulted on the charges filed by the District Attorney. Despite today’s occurrence, the GBI will complete its mission of completing an impartial and thorough investigation of this incident and we will submit the file, once completed, to the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office.
Two weeks ago when officers used tasers against two college students, Paul Howard said that under Georgia law, tasers were considered deadly weapons. Yesterday he said tasers weren't deadly weapons when used against police.
Earlier in the video, Howard said the use of tasers on the college students was a vicious act.

The video is set to begin at the 14:45 minute mark

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I don't support this police person but I am adamantly against the POS Politicians that are jumping on this BS prosecution bandwagon.
The GBI has not released their investigations and recommendations on this case yet.
The Mayor is trying to enhance her chances as a choice for Vice-President.
The DA is trying to detract from his investigation by the GBI and enhance his chances of a primary runoff in August.

The whole scenario is all friend:censored2:ked up from start to where we are today.

I don't believe the shooter policeman should get his job back.
However, the charges are just political machinations by the Mayor and DA!
Just two honest politicians trying to do their job....you should be ashamed of yourself

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Scores of Atlanta cops call out of work after ex-officer charged in Rayshard Brooks death
The Atlanta Police Department said it saw an uptick in the number of officers calling out of work on Wednesday night — hours after local prosecutors announced charges against the ex-cop who s…

I have verified this through my cousin who is a police person.

Total silence on the police band ... no response to calls or 911 and police dispatchers.

Mayor asked for surrounding municipalities to help ... total refusal by surrounding cities' cops.
Good. I hope they keep it up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They did a thorough frisk during the half hour they detained him.
Brooks mistake was engaging in criminal activity resulting in arrest, resisting arrest, stealing a weapon, fleeing, then firing the weapon at a cop forcing the cop to return fire.

vantexan

What fire fight?
Is it justice that you already have them convicted before the trial? That's lynchmob mentality. The argument has been made why not let him go? He was intoxicated and thus a danger to himself and the public. And he resisted arrest, which was a legitimate arrest, assaulted two officers, escaped with one of the officer's taser. And turned and fired it towards the pursuing officer. What if he had hit the officer in the eye? What if he had incapacitated the officer? Might have he then attacked the officer? At the moment he fired the taser he was going to be shot. The Atlanta DA who brought charges said on video in another case two weeks ago that tasers are deadly weapons. The issue now is whether the officer can get a fair trial in this highly charged environment?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is it justice that you already have them convicted before the trial? That's lynchmob mentality. The argument has been made why not let him go? He was intoxicated and thus a danger to himself and the public. And he resisted arrest, which was a legitimate arrest, assaulted two officers, escaped with one of the officer's taser. And turned and fired it towards the pursuing officer. What if he had hit the officer in the eye? What if he had incapacitated the officer? Might have he then attacked the officer? At the moment he fired the taser he was going to be shot. The Atlanta DA who brought charges said on video in another case two weeks ago that tasers are deadly weapons. The issue now is whether the officer can get a fair trial in this highly charged environment?
I doubt this case makes it to trial ... any competent, impartial judge will throw it out.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Why didn't he pull his taser?
My issue with a lot of these situations is that some...(notice the word some ) are entirely too quick to pull their gun.
My father was a police officer for 12 years, and only fired his weapon one time. He even had one guy split the bill of his police hat with an axe , and didn't pull his gun, he beat the hell out of him with his nightstick , but didn't pull his gun.
They supposed to be trained professionals, not trigger happy yahoos