..Back to preload

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownbiatch, Jan 2, 2013.

1. brownbiatch

brownbiatch New Member

Looking for some insight from someone who has maybe been in my shoes. I have been temp-driving everyday since June 1. I ran the same route everyday and even management knew it as my route. I have read other posts mentioning that if I drive everyday for x amount of days I should be considered full-time. Looking for some knowledge as if this is true or not. Also if not, would I be eligible for unemployment benefits for the severe decline in pay. Past 30 weeks I've averaged 1150/week now will be around 275/week

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Sounds like you were a vacation cover for the summer and peak cover for peak. Check your local supplement and better yet ask a union "boss", because everyone's region has different rules. the answer likely is no.

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The most accurate answer is going to come from your shop steward. If he/she is not sure, ask for a contract book and read it.

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Call your local hall and talk to the BA, you pay dues for times like these.

5. Going through same thing, if you work one day in January as a PC driver, you will make your ft seniority that's why they sent u back. But my center manager is trying to slip me in, so he tells me to call every morning. I been at ups for a year now. Came off the street.

6. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Like everyone says check your local. I think here if you're a cover driver and you do 120 days of full time driving you automatically get full time seniority. They watch it like a hawk around here so guy/gals don't get the time in. I've seen them cut em off at 119 days. Cruel man just plain cruel.