Back to the Mariana Trench

HD219

This is coming from a ground driver. I doubt they have a clue as to what's going on factually. If that hub is taking over Express freight there will need to be a transition period, training and severance packages for those Express drivers.
Come back to this post in spring when the merger is done since I don't have a clue.
I’m in Ohio and my manager just got back from a regional meeting. No mention of this , seems odd. Every station was represented at the meeting
FedEx is trying to be sneaky about it. We all know it's coming. Let the cat out of the bag already.

yadig

Come back to this post in spring when the merger is done since I don't have a clue.

FedEx is trying to be sneaky about it. We all know it's coming. Let the cat out of the bag already.
I’ve been saying that express would eventually be absorbed by ground. Dano called me an idiot, who’s the idiot now? I understand that dano is sworn to secrecy, it appears that the secret is out now!

Gone fishin

Wouldn’t put anything by Fedx , but if that happens it’s the end of the company. I’m about ready to retire , just feel bad for the younger guys

MAKAVELI

You as a ground driver get bits and pieces of information from your contractor. Some of it may be true but most of it is hearsay and misinformation. We all know FedEx would cream their pants if it can go all contractor model. What you don't understand is it's a lot more complicated to do with varying state laws and federal laws along with executing such plan without imploding. Express is the biggest operation FedEx has and they can't just snap their fingers and make it all ground. Now why don't you give some details of the operation? Size of both stations number of employees, volume, what type of area and then we can talk. Otherwise you're just trolling.

yadig

You as a ground driver get bits and pieces of information from your contractor. Some of it may be true but most of it is hearsay and misinformation. We all know FedEx would cream their pants if it can go all contractor model. What you don't understand is it's a lot more complicated to do with varying state laws and federal laws along with executing such plan without imploding. Express is the biggest operation FedEx has and they can't just snap their fingers and make it all ground. Now why don't you give some details of the operation? Size of both stations number of employees, volume, what type of area and then we can talk. Otherwise you're just trolling.
You might want to open your eyes

Mutineer

You are misstating a key bit of information in your statement. You speak as though they will be entering an "Express" building. You need to turn that around. We will be entering THEIR building.

Oh my. That's even worse.

Don't pick the soap dispenser up off of the floor.

It's a trap.

Empty Pockets

This is coming from a ground driver. I doubt they have a clue as to what's going on factually. If that hub is taking over Express freight there will need to be a transition period, training and severance packages for those Express drivers.
Dude, I talked to the express manager that I am buddies with and have worked for 23 years, but he insists he has been told nothing by fedex. He told me to get with the Ground truck driver that they have been told everything by their people.

MAKAVELI

Dude, I talked to the express manager that I am buddies with and have worked for 23 years, but he insists he has been told nothing by fedex. He told me to get with the Ground truck driver that they have been told everything by their people.
So he's been told nothing but he knows ground drivers have been told everything. Ya ok bubba.😂

yadig

I got my eyes open bro. I know what FedEx wants. I also know FedEx has 0 ability to execute it. FedEx will go down in flames trying to go all contractor model.
I’m just stating the obvious bro. I can’t help you with this notion that FedEx doesn’t know what they’re doing. I’d suggest to you that they are playing chess while you are playing checkers!

bacha29

So he's been told nothing but he knows ground drivers have been told everything. Ya ok bubba.😂
There's quite a bit of sense in what EP is saying. Ground contractors are the ones who will have to hoark up even larger cash hairballs putting even more money at risk for the sake of a completely nonbinding purchased trucking contract. Non binding in the sense that Fat Freddy has and will continue to do whatever he damn well pleases no matter what the contract language happens to say.

As for the Express guys....you'll simply be disposed of. And for some the hardest part will be coming to terms with the fact that contrary to their long standing belief they in reality didn't mean a damn thing to Fat Freddy. Congratulations guys,...you've been had.

For contractor employed drivers what it will mean for them are more heavy handed demands for even more greater economic value. In turn creating an even larger disparity between the value that is demanded of them and the value they will receive in return. All of which will be required with zero workplace rights and protections.

For contractors, nothing will change until you quit blindly throwing your money into this shell game in spite of the clearly insufficient contract language backstopping and defending the investment and the returns you have a right to expect.

For contractors and the contractor employed it's much more likely to get worse than it will get better. Therefore, there is only one course of action.....and that is to just get the hell out of this segment of the economy altogether.

It will be fine

There's quite a bit of sense in what EP is saying. Ground contractors are the ones who will have to hoark up even larger cash hairballs putting even more money at risk for the sake of a completely nonbinding purchased trucking contract. Non binding in the sense that Fat Freddy has and will continue to do whatever he damn well pleases no matter what the contract language happens to say.

As for the Express guys....you'll simply be disposed of. And for some the hardest part will be coming to terms with the fact that contrary to their long standing belief they in reality didn't mean a damn thing to Fat Freddy. Congratulations guys,...you've been had.

For contractor employed drivers what it will mean for them are more heavy handed demands for even more greater economic value. In turn creating an even larger disparity between the value that is demanded of them and the value they will receive in return. All of which will be required with zero workplace rights and protections.

For contractors, nothing will change until you quit blindly throwing your money into this shell game in spite of the clearly insufficient contract language backstopping and defending the investment and the returns you have a right to expect.

For contractors and the contractor employed it's much more likely to get worse than it will get better. Therefore, there is only one course of action.....and that is to just get the hell out of this segment of the economy altogether.
Why do you think this would cost contractors a bunch of cash? Our volume is in the gutter. I imagine most contractors have plenty of trucks sitting idle after ramping up capacity for Covid. I sure do.

HedleyLamarr

It makes perfect sense. Ground is being told so they have time to prepare and get ready. Express isn't because they can't have everyone quit all at once. They still need us for the time being, but our time is clearly running out.

bacha29

Why do you think this would cost contractors a bunch of cash? Our volume is in the gutter. I imagine most contractors have plenty of trucks sitting idle after ramping up capacity for Covid. I sure do.
Exactly. You over committed yourself. You kept throwing more and more money at it never for a minute doubting the claims by management that they would provide you with enough freight and at rates that would provide you with a reasonable and customary return. Well, say hello to the real world of trucking.

You're the guy who bragged to me about how these contracts reaped "millions and millions of dollars" for the contract holder. Those were you own words.

It is an extremely recession sensitive business. When it hits truckers get hit with both volume loss and rate cuts implemented by the brokers and trucking companies to protect their own margins. And they do it because they know that when things pick back up all they have to do is to dangle that carrot out the window and somebody will always bite on it.

MAKAVELI

It makes perfect sense. Ground is being told so they have time to prepare and get ready. Express isn't because they can't have everyone quit all at once. They still need us for the time being, but our time is clearly running out.
My time is just watching the s* show.

It will be fine

Exactly. You over committed yourself. You kept throwing more and more money at it never for a minute doubting the claims by management that they would provide you with enough freight and at rates that would provide you with a reasonable and customary return. Well, say hello to the real world of trucking.

You're the guy who bragged to me about how these contracts reaped "millions and millions of dollars" for the contract holder. Those were you own words.

It is an extremely recession sensitive business. When it hits truckers get hit with both volume loss and rate cuts implemented by the brokers and trucking companies to protect their own margins. And they do it because they know that when things pick back up all they have to do is to dangle that carrot out the window and somebody will always bite on it.
Your poor understanding of business is always impressive.

yadig

I can’t figure out what FedEx hates the most, contractors that are too big, or employees.

zeev

FedEx employees are going to get a rude awakening ,they are going to learn that all the promises, benefits, people policy, GFT, and any goodwill they thought they had without a contract was worth absolutely nothing.