Bad neighborhood

milsim

HI

I was offered a driver position in Brooklyn. The areas that they cover are Brownsville, East New York, Canarsie, Flatbush, Cypress Hill and Lindenwood.
But as far as I know these are the worst parts of Brooklyn, especially Brownsville. Is it acceptable to say I will not take the job because of the bad neighborhood? Honestly I dont wanna drive around with a truck that worth 40.000 bucks in the `hood`. And its also about an hour drive from my house Any opinions or advices please??

iruhnman630

You can say no to the job for any reason you wish, assuming it's not a bid job.

Have there been any problems with that route? I'm sure you would find it much safer than expected.

milsim

Let`s just say I dont have good experiences with Brooklyn, never worked there just been there and that village has the worst crime rates in NYC. In the other hand I dont know Brooklyn at all.

1080Driver

I started with UPS as a driver in Brooklyn; 2 years later I got held up in the PC & after that decided its time to transfer to the 'burbs.

milsim

I used to work on Long Island and here you dont have to worry about being robbed, stopped etc... but this would be my start as an official full time driver with the company cause i was just seasonal. Im in a really big dilemma right know. It could be there will be no second chance....

HI

I was offered a driver position in Brooklyn. The areas that they cover are Brownsville, East New York, Canarsie, Flatbush, Cypress Hill and Lindenwood.
But as far as I know these are the worst parts of Brooklyn, especially Brownsville. Is it acceptable to say I will not take the job because of the bad neighborhood? Honestly I dont wanna drive around with a truck that worth 40.000 bucks in the `hood`. And its also about an hour drive from my house Any opinions or advices please??
Just drive around blaring some Jay z. Call yourself Hova or J Hova and you will be ok.