being sent to another hub...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by opey, Apr 25, 2016.

1. opey

opey Member

So my main question is, is there any type of compensation to be had for being sent to work literally every day, out of another building/hub? Been being sent to one that is more than twice as far from home as my home center, it was cool at first because I wasnt getting many days as a new driver, but now its going on 2 months and its getting old commuting an hour each way every day (as opposed to 20 minutes).
  2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Nope. Unless your supplement states otherwise.
  4. opey

opey Member

it doesnt matter how far u guys in the middle of nowhere commute... my point is the job location i was hired at is a 20 minute commute and now its being made more than double, if not triple. not what i signed up for..
  5. opey

opey Member

thanks. yea ive looked thru and didnt see anything really on the topic
  6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Are the buildings in your local all on one seniority list?
  7. opey

opey Member

confusing.. says seniority lists are separate for employees of each package center, but then later says area seniority lists include all the buildings for purposes expressed herafter...
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Do you want to drive? That's apparently your only option right now. Yes it sucks but it's better than no paycheck.
  10. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Quit complaining.....i know a driver whose been commuting over 65 miles each way for over 30 years. Money talks.
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Thought I would have seen "crying baby" gif by now?
  12. opey

opey Member

good for him. sounds like thats what he signed up for.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. opey

opey Member

right, and that's why i've been doing it without saying anything. ive had another driver who was sent to help at the same location say he drives back to his home center to get punched out. i was really just wondering if there was anything in the contract related to this that I missed.
  14. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Just deal with it until your building gets busy enough to work you every day...or just quit.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Every local supplement is different. No way I can give you an answer. Just call the union hall and ask to talk to the BA
  16. Gear

Gear Parts on Order

As mechanics, we sometimes go to other centers to help or fill in, if some one is off. We punch in at our home center, drive to the other center, do what we have to do, then drive back to our center to punch out. Everything is done on the clock and we use a package car as our transportation.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

CHALLY9TX Active Member

You might be entitled to mileage pay.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Yep I'd be off roading with that bitch all the way to the other center!!!
  19. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Wah. It beats unemployment.

Why would you ask people on the internet about a local supplement question over say, your steward or B.A.? I would think they'd be able to answer your questions.

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

When I was hired it was 50 minutes each way. Now it's 18-20.:D No freeways.