• Undecided, openminded about them

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No way, Jose !

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
P

pickup

That's the problem with Americans.
They don't want to hear or listen how foreign countries are doing well, and how they did it.
Like Canada and it's emerging productivity and low debt.
Or how Germany (a country smaller then Texas) was the largest exporter of the world, until China took that spot over this year.
And believe me or not, google it - Germany has the highest wage cost on the planet, and yet still the major exporter of the world !

Stick with your olden conservative ways. All the other countries won't. And it has it's reasons.
Just in the last 40 years here in Canada:
- Changed over to metric (Ireland did it last year).
- Implemented Government Healthcare
- Free trade agreements with not just Nafta, but many other countries
- Save money by having $1 and $2 coins, and as of next year paperbills will be made out of plastic.
- Got rid of manufacturing tax, and replaced it with GST tax (vat tax)
- privitization of post office branches and delivery services

and many more items.
This country changes every 5 to 10 years... just like computer software needs to be updated.
And that's what differs us from you americans.

as well as Uninformed Foreign Opinions

fxdwg

Long Time Member
They don't want to hear or listen how foreign countries are doing well, and how they did it.
Or how Germany (a country smaller then Texas) was the largest exporter of the world, until China took that spot over this year.
And believe me or not, google it - Germany has the highest wage cost on the planet, and yet still the major exporter of the world !

Stick with your olden conservative ways. All the other countries won't. And it has it's reasons.
- Save money by having $1 and $2 coins, and as of next year paperbills will be made out of plastic.

and many more items.
This country changes every 5 to 10 years... just like computer software needs to be updated.

Holy Shilt Kleinman:
You forgot all the fish swimming down the left coast that we catch and eat.
The coin thing is absolutely intense. (Obviously good for the people versus the Government). How many $2. coins will be treated like a quarter?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Holy Shilt Kleinman:
You forgot all the fish swimming down the left coast that we catch and eat.
The coin thing is absolutely intense. (Obviously good for the people versus the Government). How many $2. coins will be treated like a quarter?

The Canadian quarter is about the same diameter as our quarter but is much lighter. There is no mistaking a $2 coin.

The Japanese have the right idea as they are going away from currency altogether. It is their intention to have all transactions completed with either a debit/credit card or electronically through your cell phone.

klein

Für Meno :)
The Elk is the quarter, The bird (loonie)- thats why we call it Loonie is the $1.00 coin, and the 2 metal piece is the Toonie ($2.00) coin.

3_coins.jpg

fxdwg

Long Time Member
What's the probability of Citizen's mixxing up the two?

I'm talking about the natural (learned) tendency to thrown coin ionto a bucket and paper in a wallet or billfold.

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know is that where I live we get quite a bit of Canadian coins (penneys and quarters especiallly) in change and then its up to you to pass them on to the next guy because they won't take them at the bank. Every year I turn in all my saved change (usually about $400 bucks worth) and after the bank runs it through their coin counter they give you back the Canadian ones. They don't want it.

klein

Here is another thought, I have been having.
That international space station. Wasn't it planned and even started during the old Russian days (cold war era) ?

And why did they build it ?
I know some research always takes place there, but was that the only reason all major countries took part in it ?
Just makes me wonder at times.

Save all that change Rod, in less then 10 years from now, 4 cdn quarters will get you $1.50 american.

fethrs

and many more items.
Klein you say you like the US but you always post stuff like this when someone doesn't agree with something you say. What's the deal? I don't see anyone else on BC bragging about the US the way you brag about Canada. Just let it go man!

klein

I watched senator Kerry speak today.
Basically, what I have said in the above post, he said the exact same thing.
It's impossible to get things done in America these days.
The parties are blocking eachother out, and the losers are the american people.

For example, Obama's energy bill wouldn't pass, and China only manufactured 5% of solar cells at the time.
Now China manufactures 45% of them worldwide.

He said , those jobs could have went to Americans, if that energy bill would have passed.
Thats just one example.

He went on to say, if this continues, and we keep blocking eachothers ideas and bills and can't work together as politicians, then not only will the house be at a standstill, but the entire country !

My point is : Get along guys !!!!
And that was my point in the above post.

klein

Btw, cahsux, if you do add a bottom statement to your profile (signature), make sure it's accurate.
Any Canadian knows you can't collect 62 weeks of Unemployment here.
Not even with stimulus.

Pickup posted it before... 48-52 weeks max. (and that's only because of the stimulus, otherwise and normally, it's 26 weeks).

40 and out

It depends on what you are calling a UFO. Things in the sky that aren't easily explained yes. Aliens from half way across the universe no way.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Klein you say you like the US but you always post stuff like this when someone doesn't agree with something you say. What's the deal? I don't see anyone else on BC bragging about the US the way you brag about Canada. Just let it go man!

Just let it go man!

klein

Why do UFO's always have lights? If you were an Alien, wouldn't you want to sneak up and check out the place unnoticed?

Actually, the last episode I watch of UFO Hunters, when 1 was seen at a US airbase in England, and even landed (according to the show and military eye witnesses), they said, it seemed as if they didn't care if they were to be seen.
They know nothing on this planet can hurt them or even chase them.

UFO's go back to old Eygpt times , and some even think the pyramids were built because of them.
Who really knows ?

DS

Fenderbender
As a kid I was fascinated with ufo's .I was forced to do an oral composition and chose them as my topic.
That led to spending hours at the library grabbing everything I could find about ufo's,ghosts,and the paranormal for the next twenty years.
I have seen things zig zag in the sky and do things that we can't.I know that what most folks call intelligent life here on earth,
is but a mere wisp of what is still to be discovered.That wheel Ezekiel saw war not a weather balloon:)