Best guitar and/or drum solo

tourists24

After going through some other posts with music/musicians; and the fact I am gearing up for my first concert of 2009, I wanted to start a new thread with the hope of some good video.

Whats the best performance you can recall. I will start with a video link to a concert tour that I attended that had this. Not exactly a solo, but you get the idea:

*** note** there is about a 20 sec pause at the beginning, but the rest is amazing; especially from about the 4:00 mark on.

55andout?

Well the solo from Rush's YYZ is my all time favorite but this is right up there with it. I was really sold when they did a little sample from YYZ. GREAT THREAD!

fethrs

As soon as I saw the title to this thread I thought of Godsmack and Batalla de los Tambores. I saw them open for Metallica a few years ago and they played that, it was by far the best drum solo I have ever seen and they blew Metallica away.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Voodoo Chile, Slight Return.
Channellin' Jimi, I do declare now y'all. A spiritual experience.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Remember the first time I heard this. It was in a music store and can still remember the store person's face. I asked him what Jimi album this was from and he said it was not Jimi but this guy named Stevie Ray Vaughn. I did not believe him at first. Within a couple of months I had everything SRV had put out and continued to add afterwards. Jimi was one of my heroes growing up as a teenager. Now both are gone but their music still remains.

wkmac

Jimi and SRV are both tragic figures in the sense that at the time of their deaths, both were moving more and more in a jazz oriented direction. Jimi with Little Wing but the SRV with the early Lenny and then IMO one of the most beautiful pieces written in Riveria Paradise.

I have kids heavily involved in the music business and we are around quite often, great pro players on a personal level, names you guys would know and when both Hendrix and SRV are mentioned, to a player, the regret was what we missed out on had both lived and evolved in their music.

As a child of the 60's, many kids were fans of the Monkees and I and my friends were no different. In 1967' the Monkees toured the US and when they came to Charlotte NC, a friend's big sister and her boyfriend took us to go see them. The boyfriend however kept talking about this guitarist guy who was going to open up for them but we had no clue. Yeah, you guessed it, it was Jimi. Sadly it was the only time I saw Jimi play and I remember very little of his performance mainly because I'd never heard his music and who pays attention to opening acts? Yeah I learned from that mistake!:happy-very:

Paid off a few years latter when in the spring of 73' I went to see a fav of mine in Quicksilver Messenger Service at a local Jr. college. (Hoax, the Jr college is now Kennesaw State) and the opening act was a band from Jacksonville Fla. who were very good. This band would explode on the scene in the fall opening for The Who on the Quadraphenia tour. The band was Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Gov't Mule is a great Jam band.
I have 8 albums by them and one of my favorite is on the New Orleans live album playing with Jimmy Herring.
Jimmy headed up a band that did Fusion/Electric Jazz versions of the Grateful Dead.

3HrsOverAllowed

Gov't Mule is a great Jam band.
I have 8 albums by them and one of my favorite is on the New Orleans live album playing with Jimmy Herring.
Jimmy headed up a band that did Fusion/Electric Jazz versions of the Grateful Dead.
The Mule is my favorite band. I saw them in Feb. at House of Blues in Houston. I plan on seeing Warren with The Allman Bros. in Oct. Derek Trucks is awesome also. Check this out.