bid route question

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by silliemarz, Apr 29, 2016.

1. silliemarz

silliemarz New Member

driver won a bid on a route 2 weeks ago, but he does not want it anymore because another route is opening up due to retirement. is there a waiting time for him to wait to be allowed to bid again. I want to bid on the retired driver's route and was wondering. none of the other drivers want to move routes.
  2. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

It's in your contract book

Read it
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. That would require work.
  4. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Did the driver drive the route?
  5. silliemarz

silliemarz New Member

what section? ive skimmed the contract and the supplement.

he's been on the route for 2 weeks.
  6. DC7

DC7 The Brown Hole

When they rebid his rt anyone with less seniority then the guy who retired can bid it.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If he is still within 30 days they shouldn't rebid a new list but rather just go to the next driver on the current bid sheet.
  8. UniteandWin

UniteandWin Active Member

3 bids a year period

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Here, if you win a bid, you cannot bid gain for a year, unless it is higher hourly rate.
  10. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

We have a local practice that allows any driver to make 3 moves per year and they don't have to wait to bid.
    Local practices rule.
  11. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Southern contract is no bidding for 6 months.
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Going to have to read your supplement. In my building the guy that signed the bid can turn it down, but cannot bid again for 1 year.
  13. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Local practice superceeds any other language.
    This may be correct in that local. Our drivers, when not happy with the route they bid whether they did or didn't drive the new route, have the option to bid their old route back when it goes back up for bid. That's move #2.
  14. By The Book

Our drivers have to stay on a bid route that they win for 6 months. They can't rebid until that time. I would think it would follow how they're treating the bids currently. If they're honoring your contract language and haven't let anyone wiggle out of a bid for say 2 years, and they now are going to allow it, it may not be a past practice anymore. They weren't following how the past practice was being done if you follow me.
  15. silliemarz

silliemarz New Member

thanks for all the input!

i was curious because I'm in a small center with 8 routes and 6 of the drivers are preloading the trucks and the retired person has a preloading route. and no Orion here. have to input addresses still.

I'm definitely talking to a steward cause I don't want to lose out on this.
  16. By The Book

Look under seniority and job assignments, and package car vacancies in your supplement.
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Man you guys locals suck when it comes to bids.
  18. By The Book

Yup! How does a local, or better yet UPS allow guys to come of routes whenever they feel like it, as one previous poster said. It must be a nightmare to make sure all the paperwork is up to snuff.
  19. jr619

jr619 New Member

He can bid on the new route even though he just got a new route. In my center a driver went through 4 routes in 1 year. San Diego.
  20. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

He can bid on it. Can you bid on his? That he is vacating. This may be a bid and a place