Bid Route Drivers Who’s Route Gets Cut…

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Anyone else see routes getting renamed and overdispatched? The goal is obviously to dispatch the bid driver off of that route that day by assuming they'll join the unassigned pool to find a "better" route. I say to hell with that. Run that sucker and make them pay. I'm on the 9.5 list so I stay on the route no matter how heavy it is. We need to be discouraging them to leave things be. Having to pay out penalty pay is an incentive to dispatch better. :teethy:

MangoMango

So, back on topic. At my center, 30 year drivers are having their routes cut and mixed with another route and being told that is their route for the day, even though there is not a single stop that is in their normal loop route. The union says it's UPS's business practices and we cannot tell them how to assemble the routes. The member was saying without a loop concept, then UPS can do whatever they want with routes, disregarding seniority.

542thruNthru

So, back on topic. At my center, 30 year drivers are having their routes cut and mixed with another route and being told that is their route for the day, even though there is not a single stop that is in their normal loop route. The union says it's UPS's business practices and we cannot tell them how to assemble the routes. The member was saying without a loop concept, then UPS can do whatever they want with routes, disregarding seniority.
What supplemental contract are you under? Have you looked there for this scenario?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are we still talking about Saturdays?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster

If the 30 year driver is having their work combined with another route then at least they are running part of their area. Whether or not that is enough work for one driver or the other to claim that the route is theirs depends on the supplemental language. In some supplements, the less senior driver may have a legitimate claim to that route over the 30 year guy.

The southern supplement, where I am at, is extremely weak on the issue. But simply renaming a route that is mostly my work, or sometimes all of it, is not gonna fly. I will be filing for the two hour penalty based on language that states we cannot be forced off our routes.

Here you bid on areas, you're not married to your route ID.