Big things not in your pants unless small, then up front

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hoaxster, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Re: death of relative during vacation

Started this thread for drivers who have a problem with big things in their pants.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Re: What's the best bluetooth headset?

I keep mine in the drink holder as well because it would just get knocked off my belt or fall out of my pocket. I can't wear a watch for the same reason. Handling boxes while wearing a watch just doesn't work for me.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Both of those - Me too.
    And add carry a wallet while parceling.

4. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Agreed!
    Wallet in the pants while delivering equals a pain in the back at days end.
    It took me a few years to figure that one out. My wallet goes into my lunch box when I put it in my cab in the morning.

5. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

A wallet in the back pocket is the number one cause for sciatic nerve damage in males. Combine that with bouncing in a P500 seat and you have a damaged nerve or depleted bursa that haunts you the rest of your life. I now carry my thin front pocket wallet with very few necessaries.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I have a Jabra JX10 that I barely ever use. It is an awesome headset though and very tiny.

As far as a wallet, Monday-Friday, it stays in my backpack. On the weekends it is my front pocket. Of course I don't carry a big honkin' wallet llike most of you probably do. I carry one just big enough to carry two credit cards and my driver's license. And cash is held seperate. Note: you should always carry stuff in your front pockets since it prevents pickpockets from getting your stuff.

7. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

The first month of running feeders I started to loose the feeling in my little fingers on Tuesday or Wednesday. One of the old timers asked why I was massaging my little fingers at a turnaround point. I told him my fingers were numb and he quickly told me to quit sitting on my wallet. Within a day the feeling returned to my fingers and I never kept my wallet in my pants pocket again.

Later when I bumped into package the sup that was training me asked why I kept my wallet in my right shirt pocket and I told him my story. He quit sitting on his wallet and within a week his back problems went away too even as a sup sitting in the office. Back then there were no jump seats for the helpers or riders.

8. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

Re: death of relative during vacation

Problem? What problem?

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My wallet is paper thin, I'm married.

10. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

How bout a "Man Bag"?
    [​IMG]

11. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

kudos to your wife !!!

12. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

I agree ... What problem?

13. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

The very first time I went to a chiropractor one of the first questions he asked was, "Do you take your wallet out of your back pocket while you are driving?". Now I can't hardly stand carrying it in my pocket.

14. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I have never heard of it effecting the hands or fingers, but I sure believe it. That one little nerve seems to go EVERYWHERE. I have a hard time with folded handkerchief in my back pocket at times. I guess I should get a back pack to use, that would get me more room without stuff in my front pockets.

15. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

The problem I had with wallet in pocket was a severe rash in the summertime

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Great thread name Hoax!

17. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

I always leave my wallet in my backpack when I drive. (Cant stand the rubbing on my butt--Other than my wifes hands!! :P )

I always remove my wallet when in my personal vehicle too...If my wallets not on my dash, then its lost....Cant stand to carry anything in my pockets

18. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

19. Grampy

Grampy Junior Mint

Hmm, I usually drive with my George Costanza wallet in my back pocket. I have the usual aches and pains. I'm going to try carrying the wallet in my backpack and see what the result is.

Good tip.

20. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

In a nutshell, ( I just caught my pun).
    If it is big in the front, no problem.
    If your pants are filled big in the backside,
    you got a problem.