Boycott !!..Drivers let's show our strength !!

fxdwg

Long Time Member
As a means of boycotting UPS management, why not act really nice for a couple of weeks and skew their senses. Then you have them for months!!! (Do I need to explain that what I just said is not actually a boycott)??

tieguy

Banned
Big trucks take longer to stop and they do more damage when the run into or over stuff. The rule applies to vehicles that require a commercial drivers license. 26001 pounds gross vehicle weight or more.

Ditto that. you need to drive a big truck to appreciate the difference.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what they said, and I think they may be right. We are ALL, commercial driver's. What difference does the size of the vehicle matter?

Oh, and as far as calling C.O.D.'s is concerned. I frequently get an add/cut for a tint shop that gets many M.O./Cashiers Check C.O.D.'s. He expects me to tell him the amount and then he'll run across the street for the M.O. while I make a few deliveries, and then he wants me to stop as I pass him on the way back. I did this once, and then told him my boss wouldn't approve and that if he didn't have the funds at the time of delivery, I would return the next day. For the next few times he had the funds ready. Then I didn't get that area for awhile and when I started getting it again, he tried the old, "I'll be right back". I told him, "okay", and he received his pkg the next day. Sounds cruel and unusual, but I guarantee you that my supe would have been WAY upset, had I kept going back for the funds.

Steve, please don't "fix" my quotes. The sentence that I posted was word for word from the DOT website. Don't change it to fit your personal agenda.

As fas as the COD's, I don't like send agains and will do all that I can to get rid of them the first time but I do not wait for someone to run to the bank or the post office. Now, if I am driving by that stop again in the afternoon I would leave the COD information and then re-attempt in the afternoon.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I did the unthinkable today. A customer left a note on the door with a phone number for me to call to get rid of a signature required pkg. I called the number and the guy said he could be there in 3 minutes. I told him I'll meet him there in 5 minutes. I delivered a few stops and he pulled up right on time. One less stop for tomorrow. The kicker for you methods guys is this actually took me longer than if I would have simply left a notice and came back the next day. I satisfied the customer and screwed the company out of a minute or two.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I did the unthinkable today. A customer left a note on the door with a phone number for me to call to get rid of a signature required pkg. I called the number and the guy said he could be there in 3 minutes. I told him I'll meet him there in 5 minutes. I delivered a few stops and he pulled up right on time. One less stop for tomorrow. The kicker for you methods guys is this actually took me longer than if I would have simply left a notice and came back the next day. I satisfied the customer and screwed the company out of a minute or two.
I do stuff like that all the time. You didn't screw the company, you did your job imho. And got paid a little extra for it :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Big trucks take longer to stop and they do more damage when the run into or over stuff. The rule applies to vehicles that require a commercial drivers license. 26001 pounds gross vehicle weight or more.
Tell that to my pkg car while I'm going 45mph on US1.

[-]Steve[/-] My Bestest Friend in Florida, please "fix" my quotes. The sentence that I posted was word of mouth from the DOT website. Please change it [-]to fit your personal agenda[/-] so that it's right.

As fas as the COD's, I don't like send agains and will do all that I can to get rid of them the first time but I do not wait for someone to run to the bank or the post office. Now, if I am driving by that stop again in the afternoon I would leave the COD information and then re-attempt in the afternoon.
There, fixed it for ya, AGAIN.:wink2: In all fairness, this post was edited without Upstate's permision.

I hope you were still able to hurry home so you could catch the latest posts on Brown Cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve, I have asked you several times to please not alter my quotes to fit your personal agenda. The quote was directly from the DOT website and it bans texting for commercial drivers of large vehicles. I do agree with you that none of us should be on our cell phones while driving, let alone texting while driving, but that is not what the DOT ban says.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Now that guy will expect that in the future. As far as one less stop, I doubt it. More likely you'll get more stops in the form of a split. I love send agains. The more I have today the smaller my area tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now that guy will expect that in the future. As far as one less stop, I doubt it. More likely you'll get more stops in the form of a split. I love send agains. The more I have today the smaller my area tomorrow.

Yet another difference between you and I. I hate send agains and would have done exactly what BM did, time allowance notwithstanding.

My route is fairly compact so I have the luxury of making second attempts on send agains and am usually able to get rid of them all.

over9five

Staff member
Steve, [-]I have asked you several times to please not alter my quotes to fit your personal agenda. The quote was directly from the DOT website and it bans texting for commercial drivers of large vehicles. I do agree with you that none of us should be on our cell phones while driving, let alone texting while driving, but that is not what the DOT ban says[/-]. CHANGE MY QUOTE AGAIN AND I WILL COME DOWN TO FLORIDA AND KICK YOUR.............

Fixed it for you, Upstate!

(Fixed w/o permission!)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I have asked you several times to please not alter my quotes to fit your personal agenda. The quote was directly from the DOT website and it bans texting for commercial drivers of large vehicles. I do agree with you that none of us should be on our cell phones while driving, let alone texting while driving, but that is not what the DOT ban says.
Another negative rep. It's funny that you would get so offended by my "LITE" posts.

Yet another difference between you and I. I hate send agains and would have done [-]exactly what [/-] a BM, time allowance notwithstanding.

My [-]route is [/-] intestinal trac, is fairly compact so I don't have the luxury of making second attempts or send agains and am usually able to get rid of them all at my first bathroom break.
There, fixed it for ya. This is so much fun, that i may even make a thread called, "Fun With Upstates Posts."

Fixed it for you, Upstate!

(Fixed w/o permission!)
LOL, I'd better check your rep to make sure he's treating us equally.:wink2:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Yet another similarity between you and I. I also believe in the FREE UPSOCKS movement!!! I hate send agains and would have done exactly what UPSSOCKS suggested, time allowance notwithstanding.

My sphincther is fairly tight so I have the luxury of making second attempts on send agains and am usually able to make squealing noises when I pass gas.

I apologize Steve for making such a big deal out of this instead of playing the ping pong game as FXDWG is doing.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yet another difference between you and I. I hate send agains and would have done exactly what BM did, time allowance notwithstanding.

My route is fairly compact so I have the luxury of making second attempts on send agains and am usually able to get rid of them all.

To each his own I guess.
What I don't understand, and without aspersions, I'm trying to understand this "hatred" of send agains.
When I said I loved them I was being facetious.
I simply don't care which day, if any, the delivery is completed.
I just follow the methods to the letter and if it's a send again so be it.
Is this "hatred" like some sort of obsessive compulsion?
Every day when I go to my truck, there has never been a shortage of packages in it.
Why would I care if one is the same as yesterday?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Dave, you're right. I should have realized that in the very beginning

What I don't understand, and without aspersions but with much beer in my system, I'm trying to understand this "hatred" of send agains.
When I said I loved them I was being facetious. Just like my friends FXDWG and STUG. BTW did I mention that I am solidly behind the FREEUPSSOCKS movement???
I just follow the methods to the letter and if it's a send again so be it.????
Is this "hatred" like some sort of obsessive compulsion? Are you compeled to work through this FREE UPSSOCKS thing as I am??
Every day when I go to my truck, I pray to Cheryl and Tony to give UPSSOCKS another chance. there has never been a shortage of packages in it.
I really only care that UPSSOCKS is allowed back with full-posting priveleges.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To each his own I guess.
What I don't understand, and without aspersions, I'm trying to understand this "hatred" of send agains.
When I said I loved them I was being facetious.
I just follow the methods to the letter and if it's a send again so be it.
Is this "hatred" like some sort of obsessive compulsion?
Every day when I go to my truck, there has never been a shortage of packages in it.

I don't like send agains and will do all that I can (within reason and company policy) to get rid of them. I deal with a lot of bulk every day and don't need to add to the pile. My route is compact and I am usually able to make a second attempt later in the day.

brownrod

S

The one thing that I will not do is use my cell phone as a substitute for service. We have a driver in my center who likes to call his pickups--I'm sorry, these folks pay upwards of $20/week for me to walk in their door every day, not to chat with me on the phone. ( I also do not believe in the sign system and had to convert a couple of pickups when I took over my current route.)

I call pickups all the time. To be fair, I'm on a different route every day and I know which pickups I can call and which ones I have to show up to. On rural routes some of these pickups you have to call then pray they don't have anything because often times they are 20+ miles out of your way. I'm not driving 20 miles round trip to find out a pickup has nothing.

Another route has a pickups at the end of a dirt road without enough room to turn a p1 around. I'm not walking down there if I don't need to.

If I've got the extra time and will still finish early (5 ish) then yeah I'll drive to these pickups because those miles will add to my bonus.