Breaking off for lunch

ManInBrown

As long as I can remember, breaking off for lunch, within a mile of your route a wasn’t an issue. Now we’re being told we have to punch the lunch in before we drive to wherever we are going to eat. Is this another flavor of the month? Anybody else hear this lately?
Nope. Absolutely not. Can’t drive on meal. I used to hold a stop about a half mile from where I met a buddy for lunch, then another stop on other side of road to hit after lunch. They tried for weeks to give me crap about it, hall got involved and the issue was dropped. The wheels cannot move while on meal.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As long as I can remember, breaking off for lunch, within a mile of your route a wasn’t an issue. Now we’re being told we have to punch the lunch in before we drive to wherever we are going to eat. Is this another flavor of the month? Anybody else hear this lately?
How do you drive and take a break at the same time?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same way some of our teamster brothers take their lunch on the 30 minute drive out to their delivery area in the morning. This kind of :censored2: happens way more than people might think.
We can't do that, you pop up on a report.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is the new way UPS us forcing us to take our breaks. I always put in a 10 min break in route to skyline Chilli. Once there order placed I start my 30 min lunch. If you don't do it this way company may accuse you of stealing time. Not Flava of month it's the new way of doing things.
This is the new way UPS us forcing us to take our breaks. I always put in a 10 min break in route to skyline Chilli. Once there order placed I start my 30 min lunch. If you don't do it this way company may accuse you of stealing time. Not Flava of month it's the new way of doing things. UPS considers it a (Trace Break) and stealing time if you don’t put a break in your diad.
If management tells ten drivers this lunch directive and six of them take it to heart and do what you are doing and the rest ignore it, all they are out is the time it took them to say it to those four, but enjoy compounding returns from the six lemmings.

Looks like you are presently a lemming.

....and what is Skyline Chili?

some1else

Banned
This comes up periodically. Most drivers get scared and use their break time to drive. If you fight it they have to let you drive to the nearest place to wash up and have a hot meal, the drive is paid time. We have several that are 20-30 minutes every day driving to and from lunch on the clock.