Bringing your load back unfinished?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just stack it out and we will have an Air driver shuttle it out. Give up that second job and be an Air driver at $33.00hr. Sorry, plus the OT at almost $50/hr.
Air drivers. Lol. I remember those. lots and lots of them after the 97 strike. Guess what. They are gone. All those fake new ft combo jobs. Lol. Not a single one left in my building. And we only use air drivers on Saturday now.

PT Car Washer

Air drivers. Lol. I remember those. lots and lots of them after the 97 strike. Guess what. They are gone. All those fake new ft combo jobs. Lol. Not a single one left in my building. And we only use air drivers on Saturday now.
In my building Air drivers are the big growth. Can't hire enough of them. At $12.00/hr for 3 hours do you wonder why. My building has a bunch of Midnight-preload 22.3 jobs. Can't find enough PT people to fill them. I wish I only had to work Saturdays.

A supervisor from Indiana (Local 710) said that drivers were going to be bringing their unfinished dispatch back and be off the clock by 9.5 hrs if they were on the "Opt in list".

Anyone know anything about that provision over there?
What do they do with the rest of the load? Do they just swallow it?

10 point

Would they force a younger seniority driver to go back out or would they sheet them as missed?
If, that were the case, wouldn't that be a reason for a grievance unless that was not availabe as a remedy?

That would have to be a question for locals who haven't ratified yet IMO. I just don't see that happening. I see it sheeted missed if... it would be an option at all. I'm not sure what they do with 8 hr request returned libs. We've not had it come up. Yet.

Last edited:
If, that were the case, wouldn't that be a reason for a grievance unless that was not availabe as a remedy?

That would have to be a question for locals who haven't ratified yet IMO. I just don't see that happening. I see it sheeted missed if... it would be an option at all. I'm not sure what they do with 8 hr request returned libs. We've not had it come up. Yet.
If they were sheeting them as missed I see that as a quick flavor of the month. Ups can't sustain that kind of practice.

Last edited: