Browncafe cruise 2017

Browncafe cruise

• Total voters

upschuck

Cruising next month...!
We're going to go on one in a couple years for our 30 yr anniversary. Went on one for our honeymoon. When is best time to book one? I hear different things, like when they first come out, they are the cheapest. Is that true? Any other suggestions? I am sure they have changed big time in 30 years.

over9five

Staff member
We're going to go on one in a couple years for our 30 yr anniversary. Went on one for our honeymoon. When is best time to book one? I hear different things, like when they first come out, they are the cheapest. Is that true? Any other suggestions? I am sure they have changed big time in 30 years.
Book early, and hope for price drops. A good travel agent will keep an eye on that for you.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You suggest a travel agent, and not direct?

We cruise a couple of times a year and always use a travel agent. Even when we book our next cruise on board using the cruise line's services we put our travel agent's name on the reservation so she can monitor for price reductions, sales, added perks etc.

When It Comes To Summer Travel, Online Is Not Only Place To Get Best Deals - CBS

Experts say travel apps can help you find good deals, but sometimes, old fashioned beats new-fangled.

From Trivago to Travelocity, Skyscanner to Hotels.com, you’re sure to find the best summer travel deal using a website or smartphone app, right?

“The biggest myth is people think that everything available is online. Not true. Only 52 percent of the inventory is available online. Travel providers hold back,” travel expert Peter Greenberg told CBS2’s Tony Aiello on Wednesday.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You guys partial to any particular cruise line?
For an adult group we usually go on Celebrity for the food and the Martini Bar which is a great place to meet people from all over the world. When we travel with kids we usually go on Royal Caribben because they have bumper cars, rock climbing walls etc. The good thing about those 2 is that they share a points system which gives us discounts on both cruise lines and stuff like free drink packages, internet etc.

We've also gone on Carnival, which is nice too. A little bit more of a party crowd if that's what you're into.

upschuck

For an adult group we usually go on Celebrity for the food and the Martini Bar which is a great place to meet people from all over the world. When we travel with kids we usually go on Royal Caribben because they have bumper cars, rock climbing walls etc. The good thing about those 2 is that they share a points system which gives us discounts on both cruise lines and stuff like free drink packages, internet etc.

We've also gone on Carnival, which is nice too. A little bit more of a party crowd if that's what you're into.
Was looking at Celebrity pretty hard.

What kind of discount do you get to book next one on board?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Celebrity Martini Bars have Flair Bartenders which put on shows, it's fun to watch and a great place to get to meet other people on the ship.

Martini bar on a cruise.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Was looking at Celebrity pretty hard.

What kind of discount do you get to book next one on board?
Well for us, we've got a lot of loyalty members points because we've been cruising on these 2 cruise lines for 25 years, so we usually get a couple hundred off and some perks for booking on board.

Last November we were on a cruise and were talking with a couple from Canada about cruising. It was their first cruise and they were really interested in going on more. We told them about the deal we got on the one we booked on board that day, so they went to book something on board. Turns out they didn't get any extra discounts, so I assume that if it's your first cruise on Celebrity you don't get any extra discounts or perks. Not sure that applies all the time tho.