Burn

M

Mike23

Oh, pleaaaaaaase let it be UPS' fault! Just once, just so there can be a massive fine for them to cause the higher ups a little stress in their million dollar pay checks. I'd also love to see the driver sue for emotional damage.

Any idea if he tried our non certified extinguishers that haven't been checked in 3 years? :D

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Let the damn thing burn.

Those pieces of junk were intentionally designed to shorten the career of whoever had to drive them. The sooner they get destroyed, the better. Its just too bad that some packages got nuked in the process.

NHDRVR

Oh, pleaaaaaaase let it be UPS' fault! Just once, just so there can be a massive fine for them to cause the higher ups a little stress in their million dollar pay checks. I'd also love to see the driver sue for emotional damage.

Any idea if he tried our non certified extinguishers that haven't been checked in 3 years? :D

We had a truck catch fire on it's way back to the bldg. a few years ago. The auto Sup. came out on road and actually blamed the drivers pre-trip as to why the truck ignited.

Yeah, I'll start crawling under my 700 every morning and look for shoddy work by a mechanic.

This will great for my a.m. time...

over9five

Staff member
Way back in the day, I had a PC catch fire in the middle of an intersection. I did use my fire extinguisher on it, but still had to call the fire dept.

First words out of my CMs mouth when I called it in? "Guess you're on lunch now".
Yeah, thanks buddy, I'm ok......

Turns out they had just done work on it, and when they replaced the battery they ran a cable wrong. Caused a massive short which made the battery catch fire.

Big Babooba

Way back in the day, I had a PC catch fire in the middle of an intersection. I did use my fire extinguisher on it, but still had to call the fire dept.

First words out of my CMs mouth when I called it in? "Guess you're on lunch now".
Yeah, thanks buddy, I'm ok......

Turns out they had just done work on it, and when they replaced the battery they ran a cable wrong. Caused a massive short which made the battery catch fire.
Why would you waste a good fire extinguisher?

Dustyroads

Many years ago I knew a driver on a very rural area whose P500 caught fire and burnt to the ground before he could ever get to help. Was the days before cellphones, and he started walking for help, it completely melted to the ground by the time the fire department was summoned. Nothing left to investigate. Must have been the driver's fault.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a p800 burn to the ground on an off ramp today,driver ok, but pkgs not lol

Don't worry about the P8, we have a couple in our boneyard we can send up to your Center. With a little work, they will probably be good for another ten years or so.

raceanoncr

Did they bring out a coal shovel for him to scoop up all the remains to see if there was any salvagable labels in there to keep on delivering?

Re-Raise

The driver failed to observe the eight keys to preventing your package car from catching fire and burning to the ground.

How about

1 Place feet shoulder width apart when jumping from burning vehicle.

2 Walk at a brisk pace Don't run.

3 Look over your shoulder at remains of vehicle before stopping

4 Scan area for a place to sit until fire goes out

5 Pivot your feet don't twist to watch fire

6 Use existing equipment, such as bench or chair to sit on until package car is completely gone

Sorry I can't remember them all , is this some kind of audit?

How about

1 Place feet shoulder width apart when jumping from burning vehicle.

2 Walk at a brisk pace Don't run.

3 Look over your shoulder at remains of vehicle before stopping

4 Scan area for a place to sit until fire goes out

5 Pivot your feet don't twist to watch fire

6 Use existing equipment, such as bench or chair to sit on until package car is completely gone

Sorry I can't remember them all , is this some kind of audit?
7. Look left, right, left, before jumping from a burning vehicle.
8. Burn first.
9. Make sure you have a space cushion on all sides before allowing your vehicle to catch fire.
10. Use your horn, lights, and signals, to establish eye to eye contact with the fire. After all, it breathes, it eats; IT'S ALIVE!
11. Scan your steering wheel so that you can watch it melt.
12. Don't forget to turn in a sales lead that night!

klein

Für Meno :)
13).Don't back up, walk ahead and watch it burn.

Besides that, maybe he checked his fuel tank with a match, like some suggested on another thread ? LOL

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
13).Don't back up, walk ahead and watch it burn.

Besides that, maybe he checked his fuel tank with a match, like some suggested on another thread ? LOL

Some more key phrases to remember:

14. Notify supervisor as soon as the P800 has completely burned to the ground.

15. Hope that your replacement Package Car will be a lot better.