Bye Bye for now....Amazon

browner89

Didn't notice it until you said something, but I would probably agree that our Amazon volume has been down significantly this past week, yet is hasn't affected our total volume at all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Didn't notice it until you said something, but I would probably agree that our Amazon volume has been down significantly this past week, yet is hasn't affected our total volume at all.
It's affected our volume in that 20+ split routes aren't running like they were this time last year.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Now that you mention it, I probably haven't seen as much as I used to coming out of trailers.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And now that I think of it, this might be kind of a good thing for me so nothing unusual I order gets broken open and everyone knows what I got coming.

MAKAVELI

I don't think the profit we make off of them is worth it. Amazon is only 5% of our total revenue the discount we give them is just ridiculous. I think we could find a few other customers to replace that 5%
I think if any of the carriers could have found a replacement for Amazon they would have by now. Amazon is just too big for any of us to lose.

Browndriver5

The revenue UPS makes off of them is better than nothing.

True you could look at it that way or you could look at the big picture. If I sell 100 boxes at $1 or I sell 1 box for $100 my overhead is not near as much. I think this is what UPS is trying to do is eliminate low cost items. We cant be like Fed Ex or Amazon because of our workers wages and if you have 30 mis loaded Amazon packages and you're paying a top rate air driver $26 an hour to run them around all day you probably didn't make anything off those boxes.

Johney

True you could look at it that way or you could look at the big picture. If I sell 100 boxes at $1 or I sell 1 box for $100 my overhead is not near as much. I think this is what UPS is trying to do is eliminate low cost items. We cant be like Fed Ex or Amazon because of our workers wages and if you have 30 mis loaded Amazon packages and you're paying a top rate air driver $26 an hour to run them around all day you probably didn't make anything off those boxes.
The big picture is they are here, paying a portion of our wages and until this fictional account you speak of comes into play we need all the volume we can get.