california state sales tax

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by Work right slow and safe, Jul 1, 2009.

1. great news today after a full percent rise in april to 9.25% they are now going higher today with .50% add on to 9.75% almost time to get rid of the penny what next.:whiteflag:

2. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Let the mass exodus of California begin! The weather is the only thing keeping people there. Allow the fruits and nuts who have created that nightmare of a government sink with the rest of the ship.

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

We are going to withold all avocadoes from the rest of the nation !!!:happy2:

4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Massachusetts will also raise sales tax by 25%.

Will be a big loss for many stores, especially because New Hampshire is so close with NO sales tax....

5. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately govt has to be paid for, NJ has some of the highest property taxes in the country, and 7% sales tax. Didn't CA pass proposition 13 a number of years ago which limited property taxes?
    Basically you're gonna pay one way or the other. Wasn't Arnold supposed to save the state though?
    Isn't that why they recalled the other governor ?

6. rod

rod retired and happy

Mn. I believe is going up from 6 1/2% to 6 3/4 %. We have no sales tax on clothing or grocerys. (at this time)

7. drewed

drewed Shankman

dont worry, we'll get them from stugg and the central american world :)

8. FedEX 4 Life

FedEX 4 Life New Member

And Obama wants the rest of the country to be like Cali......

9. JimJimmyJames

JimJimmyJames Big Time Feeder Driver

That is why as soon as I retire I am leaving this failed state and never looking back.

As for CA, Pat Buchanan had an interesting article about the mess that state finds itself in and how it will eventually spread to the rest of the nation:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=102237

10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Yesterday, there were 11 other states in the same boat as CA. No budgets.