Calling in

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jacobram, May 22, 2015.

1. If you call in but it is close to or after the start time is it a no call no show?

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

No, but they will be ticked and you'll be on the crap list

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I don't think you could be charged with a no call no show but I would bet it would be an unexcused absent.

4. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Unexcused absence? If you're absent, it is an occurrence, we get six, doesn't matter if they excuse it or not, whatever that means.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I guess I was thinking of an excused illness or injury and not calling in for a hangover.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

1 hour before start time is the cut off.

7. If you after the sort was supposed to start it is a No Call, within an hour of the sort start could go either way.

8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

You are supposed to call in an hour before your start time but it shouldn't end up as a no call as long as you call in less than 15 minutes after your start time.

9. UT Vols

UT Vols Member

I tried calling in a few weeks ago and they said no. Suppose I need to grow a pair.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Yep. Management will take whatever you give them. Tell them to go for it if they say there'll be consequences and have the union enforce your rights if there are.

11. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Don't do that either way. Management has to scramble and it screws other hourlies on their assignments. For example, each of your 3 routes becomes a 4th for 3 people. Should give ample time for sups to call other locations for help or bring in double shifters.

12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The problem is that UPS frequently won't answer the phone when you try to call in early. It's made extra difficult on purpose.

13. trance

trance Member

In national master states that you have until half way through the sort or one and a half hours through the sort to be considered a no call.

14. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

language aside, we all know how ups operates. you should know that calling in last minute is going to cause a problem. I'm not directing this at who I quoted. just offering some insight

15. trance

trance Member

Agreed completely had 13 call ins during my op last night. Hated it

16. Calling out screws the hourlies more than it screws management.

17. trance

trance Member

When we fail we fail as a team, everyone suffers when someone is selfish

18. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

In what situation would you call in after your start time?

19. rod

rod retired and happy

When your alarm fails to wake you?

20. Nightside

Nightside New Member

What about someone who is 20-30 minutes late every single night no matter the start time?