Can the company force me to work past 14 hours?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I think I stumbled upon a major company loophole that UPS could use to avoid a strike.

Let's say I return to my center at 11pm July 31 after working 14 hours, but I'm told to not punch out by a manager. Do I have to keep working? Can UPS keep me in the building to sort and load/unload trailers while everyone who has punched out is on strike?
I know I need 10 hours off duty to drive, but nothing prevents UPS from working me inside the hub until the strike ends.
"You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

trickpony1

I think I stumbled upon a major company loophole that UPS could use to avoid a strike.

Let's say I return to my center at 11pm July 31 after working 14 hours, but I'm told to not punch out by a manager. Do I have to keep working? Can UPS keep me in the building to sort and load/unload trailers while everyone who has punched out is on strike?
I know I need 10 hours off duty to drive, but nothing prevents UPS from working me inside the hub until the strike ends.
Fatigue is not safe.
They will work you until you drop dead.

How important is your health and safety to you?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
When they ask, or more to the point, direct you to keep working vomit on them and say you're sick and going home.